[REMOVE ADS]

The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - The Symphonic Sound of Motown 2020

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Symphonic-S.../dp/B08C365RL9
    The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra perform the Classic Hits of Motown

“This is one of the most exquisite albums I’ve listened to in years: – Lamont Dozier

One of the world’s greatest music ensembles, The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, together with a 50 piece choir go on a unique journey to bring a totally new approach to some of the greatest pop music ever written.

Prime Motown hits are given exhilarating new arrangements that deliver powerful, almost cinematic versions of these essential songs, all with a subtle twist.

I Hear A Symphony acts as an overture on an unique journey through hits that include I Heard It Through The Grapevine, Three Times A Lady and What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted.

This classic cocktail of symphonic melodies is shaken, stirred and poured liberally over 14 songs that re-imagine the music that defined a generation and continues to do so.

The album was recorded at Britain’s legendary recording studio, Abbey Road, home of The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Kate Bush and many more.

1. I Hear A Symphony [[Overture)
    2. Dancing In The Street
    3. I Heard It Through The Grapevine
    4. Get Ready
    5. My Girl
    6. Three Times A Lady
    7. Papa Was A Rollin’ Stone
    8. Just My Imagination [[Running Away With Me)
    9. For Once In My Life
    10. Touch Me In The Morning
    11. What’s Going On
    12. What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted
    13. Someday We’ll Be Together
    14. I Hear A Symphony [[Finale)

I believe this is a re-release of this recording from 2009:
    Name:  motown.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  17.4 KB

I'm disappointed. I expected to hear an orchestra with lush strings playing Someday We'll Be Together. Instead, I heard a chorus singing an entirely different arrangement with minimum orchestration.

I have a few of the symphonic recordings that have been done using the vocals of the artists - Aretha Franklin, Elvis Presley, etc. I always think I'll get a sweeping orchestral background on the songs but instead you get the rhythm section up front and the orchestra relegated to the background where you can't hear them very well. Also the arrangements never veer very far from the original version. I don't mind this version of Someday because it is more choral sounding in it's vocals but you are very right in.... where is the orchestra? Why aren't they swirling around the vocals? This is supposed to be symphonic, not choral.