In the not too distant future I hope to retire and will then spend some time liquidating at least some of my music collection as a way to pass the time and supplement my income. As of now, unless you guys give me a better idea, I will plan to use E-Bay.

But it has been at least 10 years or more since I have bought or sold anything on there and I wondered about something. Can you still sell something as an auction, like you could in the early going or is everything more of a set price nowadays?

I remember having great fun as a buyer watching the auction deadline and trying to sneak in there at the last second to outbid someone, so I would hate it if they have changed the format so that people can't do that anymore. And as a seller I would think it would be much more enjoyable to set a minimum price and see what kind of a bidding war develops as opposed to quoting a price and just waiting to see if someone will pay it.

Of course I know I could simply go on their website and read the current rules, but it is easier to ask you guys. Besides maybe some of you know about some newer auction website that I would enjoy more. So what is the good word?