[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Motown drummer question #kazillion

Why my ears haven't gotten keener on which drummer is on various tracks, I don't know! I've been playing Martha Reeves & The Vandellas' "Ridin' High" album and 2 tracks have been on endless repeat mode; "Alway Something There To Remind Me" and "Show Me The Way". Can someone tell me who the drummers are on those two tracks? [[Bonus points for "Leave It In The Hands Of Love")

Well, to my ears, 'ASTTRM' is and 'Show Me The Way' is Uriel, whilst 'LIITHOL' is Pistol.

[[I have a playlist on Windows Media player for tracks that feature the drums of Benny, Pistol, Uriel, and the short studio period of Freddie Waites, who I wish had did more studio work).

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by bradburger View Post
    Well, to my ears, 'ASTTRM' is and 'Show Me The Way' is Uriel, whilst 'LIITHOL' is Pistol.

[[I have a playlist on Windows Media player for tracks that feature the drums of Benny, Pistol, Uriel, and the short studio period of Freddie Waites, who I wish had did more studio work).

Cheers

Paul
    I can always count on you Paul! I thought something had been mentioned before about Uriel's trademark was that he really hit those drum hears HARD and that's the thought I had listening to ASTTRM. While I've always felt the track was a bit overblown, the drumming is so HOT it saves the production.)

Thanks Paul! [[That playlist sounds like an excellent listening experience!)