[REMOVE ADS]

Soul Singer Sandra Feva has died

Certainly not a household name in the music business but quite a talent nevertheless. She sang back up for Aretha and Prince but also recorded several albums of her own in the 70s and 80s.

Her best album was entitled Savoir Faire and there is an expanded version of it that should be readily available in all the usual places. She did some nice covers of songs such as The Need to Be [[title of another album) and Expressway to Your Heart. My own personal favorite by her was a song entitled Let the Roses Die.

My source did not give either a link to the story or an age for her. Maybe someone can post more details.

She was a great and powerful backing vocalist. She and Margaret Branch had backed Aretha up for years and years. Rest in peace Sandra. You did a beautiful job and thank you.

Marv

I met Sandra many years ago before an Aretha concert. She was nice enough to talk to me as the group was leaving the hotel to go to the concert venue. After we spoke, she shook my hand, leaving a great impression. For the rest of the night, I could smell her perfume on it. Great memory.

She also had a great track out as singer on the Sir John Roberts* ‎– The Sophisticated Funk Orchestra album called Do You Believe In Fate?