[REMOVE ADS]

I’d think it would have been great if both Florence and Jennifer had been mentioned by Ms Hudson.

Just finished watching this. Thanks for sharing. She's had a very sad life full of struggles, but at least it ended on a happy note. I remember when Jennifer Hudson won her Golden Globe and Jennifer Holliday was upset at the time because she didn't thank her in her acceptance speech. After that controversy, when Jennifer Hudson won her Oscar, she did thank Jennifer Holliday but I remember she did it at the very end of her speech, as she was leaving the podium, sort of like she almost forgot to mention her.

Yes and it was so great she mentioned Florence at Golden Globes

It seems like Jennifer has been her own worst enemy as far as her career is concerned. I do realize that she was diagnosed as bipolar which explains a lot of the clashes that she's had in her career. Maurice White vowed to never work with her again which was a shame because that debut album was a masterpiece and practically everything after that was all over the place. Glad to see that she's in a happier place these days. Would love to see a one woman show of hers. She's such an incredible talent.

5 years ago I did an Atlantis cruise on which Jennifer Holiday was the main performer.
    She did a one woman show which included a selection of songs from her then current album The Song Is You and off course IATYING.
    As one of the couples in the audience who were together the longest me and my partner were invited on stage with her. When she heard I came from Holland she reminded me she had received an Edison award [[Dutch grammy) there for AIATYING and then she sang At Last for us.
    We also got a bottle of wine from her.
    One day later she had a meet and greet with fans which lasted several hours.
    I forgot to ask why she never worked with Maurice White anymore but maybe that was better not asked from what I read in glencro's remark.
    She also mentioned she tried to get Say You Love Me released on cd.
    Glencro: Have you heard I'm on Your Side? A really good album.
    Name:  220px-Jennifer_Holliday_I'm_On_Your_Side.jpg
Views: 1259
Size:  18.6 KB

I noticed that they accidentally showed a photo of Jennifer Lewis at one point, during Jennifer Holliday's Unsung episode. Wrong Jennifer. smh.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I noticed that they accidentally showed a photo of Jennifer Lewis at one point, during Jennifer Holliday's Unsung episode. Wrong Jennifer. smh.
    They did that a lot during earlier seasons of this series but they've gotten much better.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    5 years ago I did an Atlantis cruise on which Jennifer Holiday was the main performer.
    She did a one woman show which included a selection of songs from her then current album The Song Is You and off course IATYING.
    As one of the couples in the audience who were together the longest me and my partner were invited on stage with her. When she heard I came from Holland she reminded me she had received an Edison award [[Dutch grammy) there for AIATYING and then she sang At Last for us.
    We also got a bottle of wine from her.
    One day later she had a meet and greet with fans which lasted several hours.
    I forgot to ask why she never worked with Maurice White anymore but maybe that was better not asked from what I read in glencro's remark.
    She also mentioned she tried to get Say You Love Me released on cd.
    Glencro: Have you heard I'm on Your Side? A really good album.
    Name:  220px-Jennifer_Holliday_I'm_On_Your_Side.jpg
Views: 1259
Size:  18.6 KB
    That's great. I actually met her at her cd signing for her gospel project and she was a joy to be around in spite of the many stories that I heard about her [[I'll have to dig up the photos from that day). I have the cd and I have to blow the dust off of it. I do remember liking some tracks on "I'm On Your Side". I also saw her at a club here one Valentine's Day weekend singing love songs by different artists. What an amazing show that was.

I've been looking the clip of her performing on SNL in 1981 for years.