[REMOVE ADS]

The Brides Of Funkenstein "The Complete Atlantic Recordings" 2CD set 7/10/2020

Description
    The Brides of Funkenstein were Lynn Mabry, Dawn Silva, Sheila Horn and Jean McGruder from George Clinton's Parliament/Funkadelic camp. Their two charting albums were also produced by George Clinton. Both albums also feature William "Bootsy" Collins. Fans have been screaming for these to be issued on CD! Funk Or Walk was originally issued on Atlantic Records in 1978 and reached #70 on the Billboard charts. Never Buy Texas From A Cowboy was originally issued on Atlantic Records in 1980 and reached #93 on the Billboard charts. Features four rare bonus tracks: the single versions of 'Amorous', 'War Ship Touchante' and 'Never Buy Texas From A Cowboy' [[parts 1 and 2).

Tracklist
    TBA

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08B3DKPNZ/?tag=imwan-20

No interest on my part but happy to see any and all CD releases in these apparently "twiight" years for them.

Nice to see these being reissued, though each has previously been released on CD, albeit with no bonus tracks.

As I recall, the first album was the one that seemed to get better reviews, but I loved the second, "Never Buy Texas From a Cowboy." That song was the entirety of Side 1, and is one of my favorite tracks from any of the P-funk crowd.

They also have a rare live album which is well worth seeking out.

Great news!

Never Buy Texas From a Cowboy is an onslaught killer of a track I agree, but I already have
    it. I 'll have find that live release, thanks for the reminder...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Never Buy Texas From a Cowboy is an onslaught killer of a track I agree, but I already have
    it. I 'll have find that live release, thanks for the reminder...
    It's a great set and understandably rare. The only problem with it is that it has a long track by some comedian/opening act which was even hard to sit through for one listen. But I doubt we'll ever see another Brides live set, so the "skip" button comes in handy.

Being a completist, I obviously had to cop this. It's great that it's available again regardless. Now all they have to do is reissue all 3 Parlet albums. Play Me Or Trade Me should have been released domestically.

@timmyfunk1,

Yes, Parlet has been well served for the most part except for the third LP never coming out on CD that I’m aware of. The other two reissues have fantastic sound and the “best of“ is well worth finding because it has all the extended versions on it.

I don't know about well served. The Parlet CD's have been out of print for years. They could do a classic album series for Parlet much in the same way that they did with Parliament. You are correct in that the sound quality on the Parlet CD's are excellent.