[REMOVE ADS]

Songwriter Death

On tonight's episode of To Tell the Truth, they had a woman who had won numerous awards and written quite a few pop songs.........including one for Earth Wind and Fire. During the closing credits at the end of the show, they indicated that she had died at some point after the taping of the show, although she looked pretty healthy.

I think her last name was Willis. Was that mentioned on here at the time and what happened to her?

Hmmm.....says she died on Christmas Eve. Surprised that this show would tape that far in advance. Sounded like quite the accomplished lady.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Hmmm.....says she died on Christmas Eve. Surprised that this show would tape that far in advance. Sounded like quite the accomplished lady.
    They might be showing repeats due to productions being shut down because of the pandemic.

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...t=allee+willis

Those game shows can take up to six months to air...When I first moved to California, I was on the Jokers Wild, a Dan Enright Production... The host, Jack Barry died between the taping and the airing... Many of my friends accused of murdering him... Plus, they don't pay you your winnings until the show actually airs...As for Allee Willis, she's a native Detroiter and a Mumford High School graduate... The last time I saw and spoke with her was outside the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood during the run of the play A Color Purple. She wrote the score to the play...

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    The last time I saw and spoke with her was outside the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood during the run of the play A Color Purple. She wrote the score to the play...
    WHAT ABOUT LOVE from that musical is one of my favorites.