[REMOVE ADS]

Diana on how it is hard to have female friineds in Show Biz

I think DR comes off great here--she really took the high road. Scherrie and Lynda look/sound awesome too.

She needs to talk to Mary Wilson. She has many, many friends in show biz.
    Last edited by marv2; 06-11-2020 at 08:27 PM.

Interesting. I know we hear about Mary and Lynda and Scherrie, but if Ross wanted all of them, how come she ended up with only 2? I would like to hear why Cindy,Jean and Susaye were not involved if that was the case. Still, Ross is very guarded and I do wish she had closer girlfriends in the business if that is what she desired. I think Ross has such a deep, loving relationship with her family that that is her focus more than friendships in the business.

Marv--in one of the clips in this video DR said she loved Mary and were best friends when they were younger.

Jimaka--Jean Terrell decided she didn't want to do it, the producers according to one account didn't like Susaye, and then we have the already beaten to death problems with Mary and Cindy coming on board. So who else was there? Lynda and Scherrie

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyC View Post
    Marv--in one of the clips in this video DR said she loved Mary and were best friends when they were younger.

Jimaka--Jean Terrell decided she didn't want to do it, the producers according to one account didn't like Susaye, and then we have the already beaten to death problems with Mary and Cindy coming on board. So who else was there? Lynda and Scherrie
    No! What happened was the producers insulted Jean Terrell and Susaye Greene. They told them to go down to someplace to audition........to be a Supreme! Jean said, "there's a tape of me out there somewhere, go find it!" I think Susaye did go to the audition even though that was totally wrong the way she was approached.

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    Interesting. I know we hear about Mary and Lynda and Scherrie, but if Ross wanted all of them, how come she ended up with only 2? I would like to hear why Cindy,Jean and Susaye were not involved if that was the case. Still, Ross is very guarded and I do wish she had closer girlfriends in the business if that is what she desired. I think Ross has such a deep, loving relationship with her family that that is her focus more than friendships in the business.
    She did have one, Cher. But she totally betrayed her and started dating Cher's boyfriend at the time, Gene Simmons. That's no way to treat a friend. To have friends, you have to be a friend.

Even Cher said that wasn’t true.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    And as we know, 99% of Marv’s commentS are claptrap

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She needs to talk to Mary Wilson. She had many, many friends in show biz.
    Talk to Mary? THAT kind of friend she doesn’t need. LOL Anyway, diana has two girlfriends. One is Debbie Allen, one is a civilian.
    Last edited by TheMotownManiac; 06-11-2020 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    No! What happened was the producers insulted Jean Terrell and Susaye Greene. They told them to go down to someplace to audition........to be a Supreme! Jean said, "there's a tape of me out there somewhere, go find it!" I think Susaye did go to the audition even though that was totally wrong the way she was approached.
    no one went to an audition because there was no auditioning. ALL Supremes Were asked to send a very short video so the people doing the charts, and costumes, and choreography would know what they were dealing with. This has been explained to you several times you just choose to ignore it because you like to stir up bullshit. Jean and Sue say misunderstood the reason for the tape and thought it was to audition. It was never the case. All Supremes were invited to participate. Diana already knew that Cindy‘s voice was not up to par and would need to be augmented off stage, and Sherry has been contacted for that purpose.

I used to be great friends with a guy who knows most of the Supremes personally. by the time 2001 rolled along [[or maybe it was 2000) I was pretty familiar with all the drama over Mary writing her book Dreamgirl, how DR felt betrayed and all that crap. Anyway, once I heard the rumor that the Supremes were gonna go on tour together, I thought no way in hell was that ever gonna happen with all the ill will between M and DR. I'll never forget that afternoon I called my friend and almost half-jokingly told him about the rumor going around. Suddenly my friend just stopped talking, there was a second or two of silence and he just said "It's true." This guy knew better than anybody what was true and I swear to God you could have knocked me over with a feather! I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone!! He explained to me that Cindy was going to a "fat farm" to lose some weight. When I expressed my astonishment that this story might actually be true, my friend explained that you didn't necessarily need to like each other to do a tour. He then gave me an example of a Motown group which had been together for decades and they didn't get along at all either but saw the whole thing as business. That made sense to me, but little did I know the whole thing would collapse just a few weeks later. I guess I was right all along.

You're nuts. Show me a link where she says that? She sent Diane out with Gene Simmons to shop for her Christmas gift one year. Diana and Gene "hit it off" and he started sleeping with Diane. Cher has never been friends with her since.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=718902205273566

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    And as we know, 99% of Marv’s commentS are claptrap
    Why don't you be Diane's friend? hehehehehehehehehe!

Ok, I'll play along just to see what crazy story you're going to concoct next. So they are still very good, close friends all these years? Then what is Diana complaining about?
    Last edited by marv2; 06-11-2020 at 04:48 PM.

Cher must not be too upset with Diana Ross.

https://twitter.com/cher/status/9325...065857?lang=en

I don't know if Cher and DR stopped being friends or not--nor do I care at all. That being said I distinctly recall Cher blowing all the drama off--not saying it wasn't true, in fact she basically said something to the effect of men trade women partners all the time, why can't we? Obviously Cher didn't care much about this turn of events.

I saw this on facebook. No link to the actual article, as it was a picture of the page/interview. It appears to be from Attitude magazine. Speculation can end, because this is what Cher said in her own words.

Q: Is it true you fell out with Diana Ross after you had a drag queen doing an impersonation of her in one of your shows? Or was it because she stole Gene Simmons from you?

A: It was neither. I wasn't going out with Gene when they met. But when they were first together, me and Gene were still really good friends and I think Diana didn't feel comfortable with it. I've seen her several times since all that and we get on fine. It can be difficult though when an old girlfriend is still best friends with your boyfriend. And I was living in the same house when they were going out together too. He bought this apartment off me and I was still living there with the kids when Diana was going out with him. I think Diana didn't like that and I can see why.

My take: Seems like Diana was the one that was mad, and cooled on their friendship.

The constant argument by some on this forum [[I.e. the same person with 3 and possibly now 4 accounts) is that Diana is some awful person with no friends and Mary is the toast of Hollywood. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyC View Post
    I don't know if Cher and DR stopped being friends or not--nor do I care at all. That being said I distinctly recall Cher blowing all the drama off--not saying it wasn't true, in fact she basically said something to the effect of men trade women partners all the time, why can't we? Obviously Cher didn't care much about this turn of events.
    Have you ever heard of a term, "Saving face"?. How about "pride"? If Diane and Cher were friends even after Diane slept with Cher's boyfriend, can you show just tweeny, weeny bit of proof? I'll wait until August if you like. LOL!

I saw this on facebook. No link to the actual article, as it was a picture of the page/interview. It appears to be from Attitude magazine. Speculation can end, because this is what Cher said in her own words.

Q: Is it true you fell out with Diana Ross after you had a drag queen doing an impersonation of her in one of your shows? Or was it because she stole Gene Simmons from you?

A: It was neither. I wasn't going out with Gene when they met. But when they were first together, me and Gene were still really good friends and I think Diana didn't feel comfortable with it. I've seen her several times since all that and we get on fine. It can be difficult though when an old girlfriend is still best friends with your boyfriend. And I was living in the same house when they were going out together too. He bought this apartment off me and I was still living there with the kids when Diana was going out with him. I think Diana didn't like that and I can see why.

My take: Seems like Diana was the one that was mad, and cooled on their friendship.
    .......and none of that is true! I knew it!

Isn't besties with Patti LaBelle and Dionne Warwick? She said on Oprah in 1999 that she did not have any friends except for perhaps her assistant, Judith.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Cher must not be too upset with Diana Ross.

https://twitter.com/cher/status/9325...065857?lang=en
    I see Cujo is all rabid again over Diane Diane Diane. Hes such a sad assed person and real pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by monicarivers View Post
    The constant argument by some on this forum [[I.e. the same person with 3 and possibly now 4 accounts) is that Diana is some awful person with no friends and Mary is the toast of Hollywood. Lol.
    EVERY person in showbusiness is "a good friend of Mary Wilsons" but none of them really record with her or bring her on there shows or take her on tour apart from Bill Wyman and occasionaly Duke Fakir, but Marv and his coven of three keep parrotting that old BS. Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I see Cujo is all rabid again over Diane Diane Diane. Hes such a sad assed person and real pitiful.
    Indeed darlin’! I figured that once we made a few funnies about La Mare’s singing telegram and a few crappy singles, he’d be firing at all cylinders. LOL. I suspected when I logged in this morning and saw 388 Mary Wilson threads at the top of the forum - many with no replies [[other than himself). So predictable!

EVERY person in showbusiness is "a good friend of Mary Wilsons" but none of them really record with her or bring her on there shows or take her on tour apart from Bill Wyman and occasionaly Duke Fakir, but Marv and his coven of three keep parrotting that old BS. Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.
    That coven is a sixty year old man - not a bunch of 14 year old girls. Who the hell actually keeps track of how many friends they have let alone some celebrity. LOL.

Yes. So very sad.

What's a bit more interesting than this particular topic is how many Supremes like each other and the one they all seem to like least...……...no need to mention names because we all know

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    Let's see who she asked:
    Mary
    Cindy
    Scherrie
    Lynda
    Jean
    Susaye

Jean was retired by then. Susaye was chilling in London. She tried to get Mary and Cindy on board with Scherrie and Lynda, who probably joined her before she called on Mary. I reckon Mary was the last one she called because the tension was still icy between 'em.

I think whatever issues Diana has had probably stemmed back on her childhood having to compete with her older sister, who she always thought was prettier than her. It can lead to issues down the line. It's possible Diana suffered from low self esteem and that's why in later years, she's tried to maintain this high self esteem about herself.

But anyway, glad to read that she and Cher seem to be cool with each other these days.

Quite a few people I know have few friends outside their immediate family. I think it less rare then people might think. Diana herself has said she hated Hollywood as it was so full of bullshit. Perhaps showbiz relationships are just not her thing. Her honesty here is quite admirable.

Most adults are way past the point where they feel the need to have tons of friends. Someone once told me back when I was a teenager that you're lucky if you make it to adulthood with one good friend. I have found that to be true. I always caution younger folks about calling everybody "my friend". The word friend really shouldn't be thrown around lightly and Diana strikes me as the type who doesn't do that. Mary has always been described as this social butterfly, and there's nothing wrong with that. But I do think she over uses the word "friend" in both of her books, but especially the second one. And like Roberta points out, I always give Mary the side eye about her "friends" in the business, but none of them ever seem to give her a helping hand. I suspect Marla Gibbs was instrumental in giving Mary a platform on 227, and that was great. But nobody ever appears- then or now- to offer to write and produce for Mary. When Mary needed money, she didn't call on all those "friends", she called on "Diane". In my book a true friend is the one you can count on when the world knocks you down. I'm not in any way suggesting Diana Ross is the quintessential friend. If half of some of what Mary and Flo and others have alleged, I would've knocked the hell out of Diana several times over the years. However, for her to be this nasty witch that no one ever wants to deal with, they sure don't mind calling on her for help. And she apparently doesn't mind helping. So something is wrong with this Diana The Bitch picture. A real bitch laughs in the face of such calls, especially from a Mary Wilson. No one ever alleges that she has done this.

Not to mention some women have a much easier time getting along with men than women. Diana also strikes me as that type. Remember as a child she was more likely to be out hanging with the boys than she was inside playing with dolls. Kind of ironic considering the iconic vision of femininity that she is.