[REMOVE ADS]

Question David Ruffin Unissued? 45 Motown 1332 "Take Me Clear From Hear"

Does anybody know anything about this one? a number of discographies show this one to be unissued or hard to find. Understood to be only released on the "Me 'N' Rock & Roll" Album.

Any mention of this song on David's two box sets of his solo albums? I have the first one, but I don't have the second set.

I have this set. It is actually on volume 1. It says that the single was probably unreleased. No mention in Billboard from the time. It would have been the second single from the record, and the first [[Me and Rock N Roll) didn't do well on the charts, so it makes sense that they pulled it.

I have a commercial regular Motown background copy of Motown 1332. Side 1 is Take Me Clear From Here b/w I Just Want to Celebrate. The individual who gave me this copy wrote on the sleeve "This record was never released." I do have it though.

It was released as a single in the UK on 24 Jan 1975, TMG936 "Take Me Clear From Here" c/w "Blood Donors Needed [[Give All You Can)". Sells for around £10 these days.

The B side was also featured on a UK Tamla Motown LP "The Motown Sound Volume 2" along with other goodies of the day [[STML11237).

Thanks, I did know about the UK issue, I have uploaded both label & sound files scans for both sides on youtube. There is also a photo on Discogs of Motown 1332 but never any sold. Another rare one to the list?