[REMOVE ADS]

New release - Martha & The Vandellas - Watchout CD + Live!

OK so it's an unofficial one - OLDAYS strikes again - but wait a minute - just look at those bonus tracks....

01. I'M READY FOR LOVE
    02. ONE WAY OUT
    03. JIMMY MACK
    04. LET THIS DAY BE
    05. KEEP IT UP
    06. HAPPINESS IS GUARANTEED
    07. I'LL FOLLOW YOU
    08. NO MORE TEARSTAINED MAKE UP
    09. GO AHEAD AND LAUGH
    10. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITHOUT YOUR LOVE
    11. TELL ME I'LL NEVER BE ALONE
    12. HE DOESN'T LOVE HER ANYMORE

BONUS TRACKS

�wLIVE!�x
    13. INTRODUCTION - I'M READY FOR LOVE
    14. LOVE BUG LEAVE MY HEART ALONE
    15. FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE
    16. LOVE IS LIKE A HEAT WAVE
    17. NOWHERE TO RUN
    18. MY BABY LOVES ME
    19. I FOUND A LOVE
    20. JIMMY MACK
    21. YOU'VE BEEN IN LOVE TOO LONG
    22. LOVE[[MAKES ME DO FOOLISH THINGS)
    23. DO RIGHT WOMAN / RESPECT
    24. MEDLEYANCING IN THE STREET/I CAN'T HELP MYSELF[[SUGAR PIE. HONEY BUNCH)/SWEET SOUL MUSIC/UPTIGHT[[EVERYTHING'S ALRIGHT)

Attachment 17491

Would you please provide a link? Thanks.

Thanks mysterysinger

Interesting!!!!!!!!! Never heard of this label. Do they have a website so we can see what else they might offer?

I'm not so sure about a website but there are a number of Oldays releases here:

https://www.discogs.com/label/101710...Records?page=1

They do have a website:

oldays.merurido.jp/catalog.php

If you're visiting the Oldays website , be sure to click on some of the albums for the write-ups. Here's a sample for a beloved album by another Motown girl group:

A late masterpiece album, full of mid-throws that combine mature color and comfort!

The 5th album [[67 year production) of the girl group “Marvelez” known for the hit of “Please Mr. Postman” is a masterpiece with a mature scent that makes you feel a break from the conventional sound. It is a charm of this board that you can get drunk by making dreamy sounds such as Smokey Robinson's ③ ​​which recorded 2nd place on the R&B chart ③, Ruby & Romantics cover ④ which became the first UK chart, but it is written by Johnny Bristol You can't miss the rhythmic ⑩ and Robert Parker's humorous cover. Bakarak's work [[2) is also included, and bonus tracks include 4 songs including single version of album songs.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    If you're visiting the Oldays website , be sure to click on some of the albums for the write-ups. Here's a sample for a beloved album by another Motown girl group:

A late masterpiece album, full of mid-throws that combine mature color and comfort!

The 5th album [[67 year production) of the girl group “Marvelez” known for the hit of “Please Mr. Postman” is a masterpiece with a mature scent that makes you feel a break from the conventional sound. It is a charm of this board that you can get drunk by making dreamy sounds such as Smokey Robinson's ③ ​​which recorded 2nd place on the R&B chart ③, Ruby & Romantics cover ④ which became the first UK chart, but it is written by Johnny Bristol You can't miss the rhythmic ⑩ and Robert Parker's humorous cover. Bakarak's work [[2) is also included, and bonus tracks include 4 songs including single version of album songs.
    This is probably what my stuff reads like trying to use Google Translator when I want to write something in Spanish! Funny, but I like where they're going with the description! They know. This album was something quite different, mature and unique among Motown albums.

Not to mention, this is something new! The Pink Album is getting some long-overdue attention in being included among these re-issues. I'm pleasantly surprised they didn't just toss out Please Mr. Postman again.
    Last edited by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance; 06-01-2020 at 09:14 PM.

Oldays is a Japanese bootleg label. Not sure if there is a loophole in Japanese copyright laws that they've been able to take advantage of? As they've been able to put out a ton of titles via distributors on eBay. Interesting Vandellas release but besides the unfortunate fact that it's a bootleg release, they've ruined the glorious original album cover. They added on the live album from 67 as a 'bonus', which has most likely been recorded/transferred from a vinyl record.

From the discogs page:
    "Oldays Records is a Japanese reissue label, run by Clinck Co., Ltd. [[president, Kazuo Nagano). All releases are consistent with Japanese laws, where copyrights expire after 50 years."

So they're public domain releases in Japan, which means they should be needle drops. I avoid these unless it's music I really want and there's no other way to get it. I don't have any cds from this label.

I just googled a bit, it seems there were changes a couple of years ago to Japanese copyright law to bring them more in line with other countries - it could be that sound recordings made in or after 1968 are protected for 70 years, but I'm not sure. Both of these albums were released before 1968.

I see Oldays has already been discussed a couple of times in this forum:

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...LP-CD-release)

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...-Cooke-quot-CD
    Last edited by calvin; 06-02-2020 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by calvin View Post
    From the discogs page:
    "Oldays Records is a Japanese reissue label, run by Clinck Co., Ltd. [[president, Kazuo Nagano). All releases are consistent with Japanese laws, where copyrights expire after 50 years."

So they're public domain releases in Japan, which means they should be needle drops. I avoid these unless it's music I really want and there's no other way to get it. I don't have any cds from this label.

I just googled a bit, it seems there were changes a couple of years ago to Japanese copyright law to bring them more in line with other countries - it could be that sound recordings made in or after 1968 are protected for 70 years, but I'm not sure. Both of these albums were released before 1968.

I see Oldays has already been discussed a couple of times in this forum:

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...LP-CD-release)

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...-Cooke-quot-CD
    I can verify that these recordings are needle drops. I erroneously bought a Christmas CD by Brenda Lee last year and was sorely disappointed with the sound quality. I saw the original artwork and thought it was the MCA/Decca version.

I vaguely remember their live album being available as a download on Amazon for a quick minute. Might this release be taken from that?