[REMOVE ADS]

"with only eight thousand dollars, Berry Gordy, a man with an unshakeable determination and vision moved into a modest building that was to become HITSVILLA USA"

That's all I needed to read.....

Well it won't fit in my CD player but I might indulge anyway!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    "with only eight thousand dollars, Berry Gordy, a man with an unshakeable determination and vision moved into a modest building that was to become HITSVILLA USA"

That's all I needed to read.....
    Yes I agree that it does not look promising

That 8,000 dollars bit did for me oh, and putting apostrophes in plurals, ie LP’s, I can’t read on when there’s bad grammar

I fink I know wot you mean

...and I could literally design a better cover than that with my eyes shut.

To paraphrase Chuck D: "Here we go again!"

That you Snakepit for sharing this news with us.

Whoooops... who didn't do their research properly!!!

I remember spending £100 on the encyclopedia of R&B only to be told that Ronnie White was a member of The Temptations....

so when it came to reading about the groups I never actually knew about.......

Looks like a UK release?

Can't think there will be any new information.

"....2020 celebrates the 60th anniversary of arguably the most successful American recording label..." ...wasn't that 2019...?

...I recently got my hands on Graham Betts' 2014 ...Motown Encyclopaedia ...so many errors ...spelling and grammar mistakes ...in just the first few pages ...I use it to prop open doors...!!

Grape

Not to disagree with Grape about the many errors in spelling and grammar, I submit that the book Confessions of The Hummingbird written by Al Kent has to have the world's worst record for spelling and grammar. There is absolutely no consistency through the huge book as far as spelling. It seems to be hit or miss on spelling.

I am not discounting the great pictures and trade advertisements that are included in the book. It is well worth it for this alone, but I would venture to say that there are an exceptional number of spelling and grammar mistakes. It is a shame that nobody took the effort to proofread it before publication. No index either. But if anyone has any interest in Eddie Wingate I highly recommend that they buy it, but don't say you weren't warned about the spelling blunders.