[REMOVE ADS]

Four tops on shindig- down the road apiece

Been buying DVDs of classic TV shows specifically with four tops. Here's a shindig clip I posted. https://youtu.be/rR_Tzyg8TZ0

This is their second appearance on Shindig! When it went back to the 30 minute episode s.
    Does your DVD include both It's The Same Old Song and I Can't Help Myself?

This is their second appearance on Shindig! wehen it went back to the 30 minute episode s.
    Does your DVD include both It's The Same Old Song and I Can't Help Myself?

It has IT'S THE SAME OLD SONG but as I CAN'T HELP MYSELF starts up it goes to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmusic4life View Post
    It has IT'S THE SAME OLD SONG but as I CAN'T HELP MYSELF starts up it goes to something else.
    For some reason, every copy of this episode has I Can't Help Myself clipped. There was a "Best Of Shindig!" compilation that features that performance but I don't know why it isn't in the original.

Now have you seen the episode featuring them performing Baby I Need Your Loving and Just Ask The Lonely? I really love Shindig!

I have the Shindig series on dvd and the Four Tops did not perform "I Can`t Help Myself"

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    I have the Shindig series on dvd and the Four Tops did not perform "I Can`t Help Myself"
    Hi Roger. Yes, I have the series too and like I was explaining to Soulmusic, the performance has been cut. I have it on DVD, probably the same collection you have, but I also had been collecting them on video tapes from a collector a million years ago! Back then, the subject came up on a collectors' board and every collector of the Shindig episodes said the same thing. The possibility came up that because everyone was getting a dub from the same source, every copy of this episode has "I Can't Help Myself" cut from the episode. The performance does exist. I have it on a "Best Of" compilation. No one is sure if maybe the performance was cut from the final broadcast due to time constraints or what.

The same thing keeps coming up with a Halloween broadcast where a performance by Ted Cassidy is missing from every dub every collector has of the show. Because basically ABC recorded over all the video tapes of Shindig!, the feeling is that the performance of "Do The Lurch" will never show up anywhere.

Ok, here it is. This would have come right after Ray Peterson finished singing Fats Domino's "Let The Four Winds Blow". If you watch your episode, you'll hear a brief snippet of the Blossoms and Wellingtons singing a "Doooo, doo doo DOOP doo..." intro that would have led into The Four Tops singing "I Can't Help Myself" Instead, I think the tape suddenly goes to a promo for upcoming episodes featuring the Rolling Stones and other British acts.

Wonderful WWLFAC. My most humble apologies.I had no idea that there were more tracks than were on the dvds.It would have made sense to put it on the "Motor City Magic" vhs.
    Thank you for putting me right. I`ll add it to my Four

Wonderful WWLFAC. My most humble apologies.I had no idea that there were more tracks than were on the dvds.It would have made sense to put it on the "Motor City Magic" vhs.
    Thank you for putting me right. I`ll add it to my Four
    No problem, Roger. I am a HUGE fan of Shindig! and I remember getting this episode. It listed both songs by the Tops but only had ITSOS. I was ticked off that ICHM was missing, then found out it was a huge issue for everyone who was collecting Shindig! tapes and everyone was trying to track down the complete show. I'm just happy beyond words someone has this clip of ICHM on youtube [[my goodness WHAT would we do without youtube?)