[REMOVE ADS]

Betty davis documentary on amazon prime

Enjoyed the rare fotage and back story of rock/funk queen Betty Davis https://www.amazon.com/Betty-Davis-T.../dp/B07Z8GBRHK

Finally free with Prime! Yasssss!!!!

So I did finally get to see this long-awaited documentary, and I regret to say it was quite disappointing. Probably the film-maker did the best he could with the little information that was available and the reticence of his subject, but then again he did not seem to ask the band much about their recollections of the recording and live sessions, crowd response, etc. The live footage amounted to basically seconds, shown repeatedly. The interviews with Betty's 2 friends were lovely but ultimately sad, as was the interview material with Davis herself. Most upsetting to me was to come away from viewing the film with the distinct image of Betty as a rather broken soul, alone in a sparsely furnished apartment. Hopefully her writing gives her comfort and her beloved Crow makes a return. Good wishes and thanks to you, Miss Betty Davis!
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 11-15-2021 at 02:24 PM.