[REMOVE ADS]

Question on Where Did Our Love Go album - Motown 621

After looking at my album displayed on the wall today for the 1,000th time in my lifetime, I discovered something that I missed for the last 999 times.

To the right side as Mary faces you there is a white triangular odd shape shown on the album as well as the juke box EP. It might be on the picture sleeve but I don't have that available currently.

Has there ever been any discussion or an explanation of what this is? I feared it was a white sticker or something similar but after removing the album from the display it was obviously manufactured that way.

I don't recall ever seeing any discussion on this. It looks odd in my opinion and I am surprised that the album was released in this state.

Any comments or thoughts on this? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    After looking at my album displayed on the wall today for the 1,000th time in my lifetime, I discovered something that I missed for the last 999 times.

To the right side as Mary faces you there is a white triangular odd shape shown on the album as well as the juke box EP. It might be on the picture sleeve but I don't have that available currently.

Has there ever been any discussion or an explanation of what this is? I feared it was a white sticker or something similar but after removing the album from the display it was obviously manufactured that way.

I don't recall ever seeing any discussion on this. It looks odd in my opinion and I am surprised that the album was released in this state.

Any comments or thoughts on this? Thanks.
    It just looks like Florence's dress in between Mary and Diana's hair.

Not sure I ever noticed this before or if I did I never gave it much thought.

I think it's probably Florence's arm or dress. If they weren't posed that way and it's an edited photo then it's probably someone's arm or shoulder. It looks weird if you focus on it but otherwise it looks like background contrast.

I see it on my original mono and stereo albums, the Baby Love picture sleeve, CDs and the Expanded Edition.

This is my favorite album cover for them. I was always intrigued by this photo and wonder if they were posed this way or if it was edited. Also I wondered why they are on one side of the album jacket and not a full picture like Meet [[second cover) or CW&P. It seems the pics from these three albums are very similar and probably the same photo shoot.

It may have been a trend after the Meet The Beatles cover with their faces shadowed. Meet the Supremes second cover utilized this effect also.

It’s obviously Florence’s arm and a bit of the green dress.
    What I noticed most prominently, the very first time I saw the album when it was released, was that not only is Florence’s face partially obscured by Mary’s wig, but more glaringly, that she is undeniably out of focus.
    I suppose possibly it was the best shot from the session and all that, but I felt that it did her a disservice.

Regarding the picture on the Where Did Our Love Go album...although I really like the photo a lot, even back in the day, I always thought the design and the lighting made them look older than what they were. Wouldn't they have been only around 20-21 years old at that time? What a difference it was from the picture of the next album cover [[containing hits) of More Hits where the same ladies look so young and fresh and like the 'girls next door.' And my, my, how that looked quickly evolved into three glamorous women ready for anything musical! I am sure so much behind the scenes molding of their image was done.

i too have always loved this album and the cover art. it's one that i would just stare at often. The pic for Where and the pic for Country are from the same session. the dresses are just colored for the covers. I believe the girls are actually wearing those "balloon" dresses from the apollo. the reissue of Meet is a different photo shoot as, if you look extra close, the neckline of the dresses differs.

The girls do look much older in these pics than others. like the WDOLG picture sleeve. Other than these two album covers, i'm not really aware of any other pics from this session. I think the darkness of the pictures adds to the more mature look. there are other, brighter pics from around this time where the girls look much younger.