[REMOVE ADS]

Four Tops - I'll Never Change

Another great, wonderful lesser-known song by the Four Tops. Written by Leonard Caston and Kathleen Wakefield.
    Produced by Frank Wilson.
    Recorded and released in 1971 on Motown Records.

Such a great song, from such a great album!!!

Caston and Wakefield were one of my favorite song writing teams at Motown and composed
    some great music recorded by Eddie Kendricks. Nice to hear Four Tops give it their treatment....

It is a great album. I especially enjoy their interpretation of Ready for Love’ [[note Levi’s way of changing the melody line as he progresses through the first verse).I also love ‘Remember Me.’ Yes, the album has that ever popular 80’s sound about them. Still a great listen.

I think there’s some confusion here. I’ll Never Change is from the brilliant Nature Planned It album from, as Marv says, 1971. But the you tube ‘cover’ pic is from the 1985 Magic LP, which contains the two tracks Jobucats is referring to

Quote Originally Posted by soulwally View Post
    I think there’s some confusion here. I’ll Never Change is from the brilliant Nature Planned It album from, as Marv says, 1971. But the you tube ‘cover’ pic is from the 1985 Magic LP, which contains the two tracks Jobucats is referring to
    Sorry, I should have been more observant. I see now that the picture that was included with marv's post did not actually have the album name on it...just a natural reaction of mine to respond with something that turns out to be irrelevant to the thread. Lately, I've been making more and more of these mistakes. Plus, I should have known 1971 and 1985 sure is a big gap.

Hey jobu, have no worries, both albums are fantastic

Good on yer Jobucats

I think I am going to go back to collecting. I will start by collecting every Four Tops recording that I don't already own.

One of my favourite albums as well! Levi amazing as ever! keep telling my family never sell off my full catalogue of Four Tops CD's cheaply haha,many signed when I interviewed them.

Nature Planned It is an excellent album. maybe not quite as perfect at Still Water but really solid.

from a pop perspective though, i don't know if it was really insync with what radio was playing at the time. so not totally surprised it wasn't a huge pop hit. but i really enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    Nature Planned It is an excellent album. maybe not quite as perfect at Still Water but really solid.

from a pop perspective though, i don't know if it was really insync with what radio was playing at the time. so not totally surprised it wasn't a huge pop hit. but i really enjoy it.
    The single "Nature Planned It" fit in perfectly with was played on Top 40 and Soul radio in 1972. I remember!