[REMOVE ADS]

Tamla Motown revue European tour bus photo

Apologies if this is old news but I've just come across this photo of what looks like the '65 Tamla Motown revue on board a tour bus in Paris:

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/665195807445831287/

I thought it may be of interest to some members. There are some notable individuals not captured in this image, and Betty Kelly doesn't look particularly happy. Can anyone add more information about this pic?

Blue: the Motortown Revue never toured continental Europe. That great photo may have been from the package which played the UK in March/April 1965. They went on to Paris, but only for one show at the Olympia, i.e., no touring.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton Miller View Post
    Blue: the Motortown Revue never toured continental Europe. That great photo may have been from the package which played the UK in March/April 1965. They went on to Paris, but only for one show at the Olympia, i.e., no touring.
    Thanks Clifton - I agree there was no European touring - it was a clumsy use of the word 'tour'. I agree it is a great photo and adds to the historical record of their visit. There are a couple of photos of the Supremes standing alongside a bus at the front of Le Bourget airport, one of which can be see here:

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/224265256414569706/

This bus was probably transferring the troupe to the centre of the city. The bus has a banner along its side which appears to say 'Tamla Motown show'. The colour photo [[which I cannot locate on line at the moment) gives a clearer view of the passenger windows which appear the same style as those viewed from the inside of the bus in the original photo posted.

Fab photo of the Supes, Blue. Diana put that fur coat to good use on that trip, including the historic shot of the whole entourage [[including the Temptations) in London that March. Wonder if she still has it? ��