[REMOVE ADS]

favorite tv appearance per lineup

tv absolutely played a major part in the girls' success. which are your favorite clips for each lineup?

DMF - can't hurry love on Sullivan
    DMC - fats waller medley on Sullivan
    JMC - andy williams doing Ladder and Everybody
    JML - your wonderful sweet love on Flip
    SCM - HMM on Dinah when they're in the lavender tops and black pants
    MSS - udo live doing Walk Away

that's going to be tough...I have picked my single "hands down" but really have a few ties:

DMF...Eight Days A Week [[Shindig?)...since its TV, can't pick TAMI
    DMC...[[tie!)..Forever Came Today [[Sullivan) /Love Child [[2nd Sullvan Performance, Pink Pantsuits)
    JMC...Glen Campbell Show Medley w/ Everybody's Got The Right
    JML....[[tie!) Your Wonderful Sweet Sweet Love [[Sonny & Cher) or live I Guess I'll Miss The Man [[Soul Train)
    MSC....[[tie) All I Want [[Sonny and Cher) / National Anthem- boxing match version
    MSS...Walk Away w/ Udo....can this count? its not a USA show.

DMF-tough one but it's a tie between the January and May 1965 appearances on Hullabaloo.
    DMC-Reflections on Hollywood Palace
    JMC-Homeward Bound medley on Glen Campbell
    JML-Your Wonderful Sweet Sweet Love on Flip Wilson
    SMC-All I Want on Sonny and Cher was good I guess but I haven't seen too many from this lineup that impressed me, same with SMS.
    SMS-Let My Heart Do the Walking on Bandstand.

JMC Ed Sullivan. Up the Ladder

DMF Stop! [[Hollywood Palace) First time I saw The Supremes
    DMC Love Child [[single debut on Ed Sullivan) - knew it was going all the way to #1
    JMC Up the Ladder to the Roof [[Ed Sullivan) - anticipated and exciting

Didn't see much of the later Supremes on TV and can't recall a memorable appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    DMF Stop! [[Hollywood Palace) First time I saw The Supremes
    DMC Love Child [[single debut on Ed Sullivan) - knew it was going all the way to #1
    JMC Up the Ladder to the Roof [[Ed Sullivan) - anticipated and exciting

Didn't see much of the later Supremes on TV and can't recall a memorable appearance.
    so when DMC appeared on the screen in shorts and street clothes, what did you think?! did you gasp at the shocking nature of it?

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    so when DMC appeared on the screen in shorts and street clothes, what did you think?! did you gasp at the shocking nature of it?
    I was totally shocked, come to think of it! But I loved it because it sold the song. Not that the song needed it. I knew it was a #1 hit right then. 52 [[!) years later, it's just one of many iconic Ross looks. She recreated that look just two years later on her debut album.

DMF. Love is like an Itching...Ed Sullivan

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    I was totally shocked, come to think of it! But I loved it because it sold the song. Not that the song needed it. I knew it was a #1 hit right then. 52 [[!) years later, it's just one of many iconic Ross looks. She recreated that look just two years later on her debut album.
    i can imagine!

if you listen very closely to the opening of No Matter What Sign, just as the camera pans onto the girls entering in those wild silver and blue/green pantsuits, you can actually hear the audience gasp a little! the girls walk on all smiles and sort of "strike a pose" while the sitar is playing in the song's intro. and the studio lights are just blinding on those pantsuits!

it's not part of the tape but when the girls walked out onto the stage and got into position on the Love Child set, i bet the audience gasped too!!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    DMF. Love is like an Itching...Ed Sullivan
    and while it's not my fav Sup song, i do love that we have a real live version of the song. they're not lip syncing. or at least Diana isn't

i do have to laugh, i call these the Lady Bird Johnson dresses lololol. they look at bit matronly IMO

They all seemed really into the song...”go mary!”