A friend of mine fusses at me for how upset I get watching Jeopardy some nights but I just cannot help it when someone does something so stupid that you wonder how they ever got on the show in the first place. Well it happened again on tonight's episode.

This woman had $18,800 going into Final Jeopardy and the second place person had exactly half that.......$9,400. So the ONLY logical thing for the two of them to do was for her to wager nothing and for the second place person to wager everything in order to create a potential tie.

The other guy did his part, bet it all, and got the question right to finish at $18,800, but the goofy woman wagered $2,200, missed the question and therefore lost. All she had to was sit there and she was guaranteed no worse than a tie.

So am I a fool for thinking she is a fool? Probably but it was all about common sense. For what it is worth, I don't think they would have brought them both back as co-champions like they used to do. Instead I think they now have a sudden death toss-up question.

So you could argue that she was trying to avoid that and just put the game away but I still think it was a bonehead move. It is right up there with those Price is Right contestants who will listen to someone bid $900 on something and then chime in with their own bid of $899 and think they are doing something smart.

I know what you are thinking................someone has too much time on his hands and you are right, since I have been working from home for two months now!!!