[REMOVE ADS]

ICYMI, Tracee Ellis Ross Just Released A New Song, ‘Love Myself’

[QUOTE=monicarivers;576626]https://madamenoire.com/1165509/trac...the-high-note/

[/QUOT

It is cringe worthy. Omg.... sounds like the lyrics were written by a high school freshman.

[QUOTE=Circa 1824;576641]
    Quote Originally Posted by monicarivers View Post
    https://madamenoire.com/1165509/trac...the-high-note/

[/QUOT

It is cringe worthy. Omg.... sounds like the lyrics were written by a high school freshman.
    From a soon-to-be released [[digitally) film that looks cheesy. I wouldn’t have expected anything earth shattering. It should clean up though. Ross and Dakota Johnson star.

Also...Tracee [[and Rhonda and Evan) were not Supremes so this is the wrong forum for this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Also...Tracee [[and Rhonda and Evan) were not Supremes so this is the wrong forum for this discussion.
    I guess the same could be said for every insufferable post about Flo’s daughters, right?

I saw her debut it on her IG feed the other night. Miss Ross was part of the 9,000 there during this and she said to her Mom to go to bed because it was late on the East Coast. True, Ellis Ross was not a Supreme and is the daughter of one of the Supremes. Tracee,Rhonda and Evan have all gone into show business with Tracee the most successful in terms of popularity. I certainly wish her well on her project. It doesn't seem to be something I would pay to see but might catch it in a year or 2 when it is on a Premium Cable channel. I wish all of the Supremes and their offspring good luck and much success. I know with Covid 19 pandemic, she surely must feel her big film and first music release during these times are not what she had anticipated but the one and only Monica Rivers still brought it to our forum.

I would like to see the film. Looks like it will be a fun film to watch.

Actually she doesn't sound bad, a good song "Love Myself". Definitely a lot better than most of the crap we hear today. I got to see if I can download from Itunes. I definitely will be one to stream the movie on the 29th.

I like the song, Tracee's got a strong voice. I haven't really thought of her as a singer [[excellent actress), but she definitely has the goods. Just downloaded the song from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088BNTTQG..._dp_B088BNTTQG

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    I like the song, Tracee's got a strong voice. I haven't really thought of her as a singer [[excellent actress), but she definitely has the goods. Just downloaded the song from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088BNTTQG..._dp_B088BNTTQG
    Thanks I have funds on Itunes and was able to get it from there. Actually, playing on my system its not bad. Interesting she has never done any recording before now.

Tracee is an excellent actress and a good singer!

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Thanks I have funds on Itunes and was able to get it from there. Actually, playing on my system its not bad. Interesting she has never done any recording before now.
    That's what I was thinking. I guess there'll be a soundtrack with additional tracks by Tracee.

Ellis-Ross also sings other songs on the accompanying soundtrack, also being released May 29th, like “Bad Girl,” “Stop For A Minute,” “New to Me” and “Like I Do.”

Name:  traceediana.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  90.2 KB
    to give it a link to this forum: like mother, like daughter

I always gathered from hearing the fabulous Tracee during interviews that she never considered herself a singer and even avoided it when folk would ask. The song itself is nice, however, I detect a lot of the ever popular auto tuning added to her voice; but then again which pop artists today are not using it in the studio.? I look forward to seeing this movie project.

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    however, I detect a lot of the ever popular auto tuning added to her voice; but then again which pop artists today are not using it in the studio.? .
    Yes, much auto tuning was evident, and yes, many current less talented singers also use it.

Quote Originally Posted by motown_marc View Post
    Ellis-Ross also sings other songs on the accompanying soundtrack, also being released May 29th, like “Bad Girl,” “Stop For A Minute,” “New to Me” and “Like I Do.”

Isn't May 29th also the scheduled digital release date for Diana's "Supertonic"? Mother and daughter releasing albums on the same day. How cool is that! Mom must be very proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Yes, much auto tuning was evident, and yes, many current less talented singers also use it.
    I just want to reiterate that my previous statement, "I detect a lot of the ever popular auto tuning added to her voice; but then again which pop artists today are not using it in the studio?" was not an indictment against Tracee...just an observation. I probably should have said that the producers/studio people are using it sometimes with the approval of the singer.

Ellis Ross has found success as an actress and should be justifiably proud of that. I think she decided to find her own avenue for success and knew as a singer she would be compared to her mother through no fault of her own. She clearly felt comfortable enough to sing considering it is part of her character in the film she was doing. she certainly has a pleasant enough singing voice and compared to most of today's music it is quite pleasant and she should be justifiably proud of her efforts. I wish success to all of the offspring of the former Supremes. Tracee is certainly one who has done quite well for herself and congratulations to her.