[REMOVE ADS]

Kupper’s “It’s My House” Mix Is Up

Quote Originally Posted by monicarivers View Post
    thanks. Can’t wait to hear Surrender.

Love Its My House remix. Its great.

Thumbs down

Oh dear, i don’t like it much and I so wanted to. It kind of reminds me of the remix of Mr Lee. I think i’ll stick with the original which I adore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Oh dear, i don’t like it much and I so wanted to. It kind of reminds me of the remix of Mr Lee. I think i’ll stick with the original which I adore.
    I wanted to like it more , it's ok

This was the remix I was most looking forward to. My concern when I saw the track list and the length of each song is why I didn’t really enjoy this. It is way to short. Remixes work best when they are long. You can’t get what is needed from a remix when it is a radio edit. Hopefully he will eventually release the full remix for download or streaming.

I still love the original, but I appreciate another version of a favorite.

Love it. Can’t wait for the physical release.

I like it....keeps the original feel of the song

This is excellent in my opinion. It ups the beat, makes it more 'dancy', but, crucially, keeps the things that made the song so brilliant in the first place.

It's my horse , and I gallop here ....

get along little doggies heehee

\
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 05-19-2020 at 12:53 AM.

Its okay and make for good music to add while driving. Since we are not clubbing right now because of COVID-19 I think this song will carry its weight as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    It's my horse , and I gallop here ....

get along little doggies heehee

\
    LOL. Sad but true.
    The song has now lost it’s simplistic, laid back feel that made it so appealing.
    It's kind of the same with “Love Hangover”. The song is a sexy, pulsating disco masterpiece. There have been some really exciting and creative remixes of the song over the years which still sound great today.
    In comparison, for me the kupper remix sounds quite pedestrian, with dreaded sped up vocals and nothing special dance accompaniment. A little to tidy and precise for my ears.
    The only great thing for me is the fact that these recent remixes have proved so very popular, and will hopefully have introduced Diana’s music to yet another new generation.

I generally favor the original ones over the remixes, but I think the remix of "The Boss" by Dimitri from Paris is just as good as the original! I wish he would do the whole album [[and he would love to--he told me--if Universal would let him).

I also so wanted to love the original by A&S but is missing a real build up. the opening part is great. fun and funky groove. I love the song through the bridge and when it returns to the chorus as 2:45 [[in the original album version). but then at 3:10 is drops back down again. and too much so. sort of feels like the air is let out. it then just sort of floats along for another minute and 20 seconds. not that every song needs to peak into an orgasmic flourish. but they don't really do anything interesting for this 1:20. maybe have the band really vamp and get creative. something to keep you listening

LOL. Sad but true.
    The song has now lost it’s simplistic, laid back feel that made it so appealing.
    It's kind of the same with “Love Hangover”. The song is a sexy, pulsating disco masterpiece. There have been some really exciting and creative remixes of the song over the years which still sound great today.
    In comparison, for me the kupper remix sounds quite pedestrian, with dreaded sped up vocals and nothing special dance accompaniment. A little to tidy and precise for my ears.
    The only great thing for me is the fact that these recent remixes have proved so very popular, and will hopefully have introduced Diana’s music to yet another new generation.
    I agree entirely.
    'Pedestrian' is a good description. Mundane remixes for the sake of a remix. But if a galloping computer rhythm is all it takes to make MY HOUSE more appealing to a current crowd , god luv 'em!

There're always the originals.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 05-21-2020 at 02:05 PM.

Eric's mix of "House" is okay, but I prefer his other mixes. The percussion was a bit too busy, I prefer the simpler original version. I'm eagerly anticipating the rest of that set. I am also annoyed they're using short versions. I'm hoping longer mixes will be released down the line [[In general, I really like Eric Kupper's stuff, he's got talent, that guy.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    I generally favor the original ones over the remixes, but I think the remix of "The Boss" by Dimitri from Paris is just as good as the original! I wish he would do the whole album [[and he would love to--he told me--if Universal would let him).
    Dimitri's remix of "The Boss" is one of the best contemporary, yet completely vintage-sounding disco mixes I've ever heard. He has such respect for the original source, yet gives them a freshening up with lots of style and class.

I agree entirely.
    'Pedestrian' is a good description. Mundane remixes for the sake of a remix. But if a galloping computer rhythm is all it takes to make MY HOUSE more appealing to a current crowd , god luv 'em!

There're always the originals.
    Much in agreement Boogie. I actually find these Kupper remixes really quite boring. Its as you say though, if that’s what it takes.

Much in agreement Boogie. I actually find these Kupper remixes really quite boring. Its as you say though, if that’s what it takes.
    I don't know anything about Kupper, I just know what sounds creatively inspired [[to me ) in a remix and what doesn't. Trying to get a better feel for him I found this:

His methods as revealed here explains it. The musical talent this requires , it's not that far from the random results one gets from hanging wind chimes in a windy spot.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 05-24-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post

Now this is a remix. What comes through [[imo) is the mixers love of the song in the first place and his understanding and therefore respect for the nuances that made the song appealing in the first place and then focusing on ways to elevate and highlight those aspects.

I don't know anything about Kupper, I just know what sounds creatively inspired [[to me ) in a remix and what doesn't. Trying to get a better feel for him I found this:

His methods as revealed here explains it. The musical talent this requires , it's not that far from the random results one gets from hanging wind chimes in a windy spot.
    LOL. Thanks for giving me my first big laugh of the day. Not exactly inspiring stuff is it. The results speak for themselves me thinks!!.

Thumbs up

Now this is a remix. What comes through [[imo) is the mixers love of the song in the first place and his understanding and therefore respect for the nuances that made the song appealing in the first place and then focusing on ways to elevate and highlight those aspects.
    I could not have put it better had I tried. No painting by numbers vibe going on here.

LOL. Thanks for giving me my first big laugh of the day. Not exactly inspiring stuff is it. The results speak for themselves me thinks!!.
    my pleasure Ollie, glad you caught my humour and glad you are a laugher, especially in these times!

I like every mix by Eric Kupper. He has alot of groove tricks that Mr. Knuckles would be funky proud of! His bass line is basement proof solid! "It's My House" is a hit mix. It has a slow and deep groove. Another #1 Dance Hit Song. Mr. Kupper would do justice to a re:MIX of Diana Ross's "These Things" -will keep me loving you.
    oh my........................