[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Mary Wilson - The Phil Donahue Interview!

    From October 1986:


  2. #2
    Most incisive interview with Mary ever about the Supremes Years. She certainly had grown in confidence, to Phil... it’s your show but my book! Great performance ...love her slow I will survive... never knew she sang that ! Many thanks Marv!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Most incisive interview with Mary ever about the Supremes Years. She certainly had grown in confidence, to Phil... it’s your show but my book! Great performance ...love her slow I will survive... never knew she sang that ! Many thanks Marv!
    You're most welcome Luke! Yes, she sang the stuffin' out of "I Will Survive"!

  4. #4
    Thanks Marv! I have never seen this interview. Nice to see the evolution of her persona. Mary did a great job on the performances.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Thanks Marv! I have never seen this interview. Nice to see the evolution of her persona. Mary did a great job on the performances.
    You are most welcome DET! This interview was major!

  6. #6
    Phil was def trying to bait her into territory she was not going into. Damn she had to ask Berry permission to buy a car. Hell didnít Diana have to return something she thought owned when she left Motown? Talk about control.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Phil was def trying to bait her into territory she was not going into. Damn she had to ask Berry permission to buy a car. Hell didn’t Diana have to return something she thought owned when she left Motown? Talk about control.
    She had to return almost everything when she left Motown.

  8. #8
    I was truly glad to see this donahue show from 1986 as I was wondering why it was not on You Tube for so many years. I think this was the best interview that she did during the promotion of her book Dreamgirl. I loved seeing it again.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    I was truly glad to see this donahue show from 1986 as I was wondering why it was not on You Tube for so many years. I think this was the best interview that she did during the promotion of her book Dreamgirl. I loved seeing it again.
    Amazing huh? How good she is handling interviews, especially when you consider she was restricted from speaking much in the 60s during interviews.

  10. #10
    Mary is in top form here and I think handles everything being thrown at her beautifully. There are some untruths, and Flo’s girls will HATE this clip because, unlike her declaration, she never gave them a dime of book money. Mary is by far the best interview of any Motown star.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.