[REMOVE ADS]

Help with a book

Couldanyone help with tracking down a copy of Derek Dewalt’s biography of his father:The Jr Walker Story? I would dearly love to read it.

Just about impossible to find, since released in 2011, several times I have contacted the publisher asking would they not consider a small reprint at least? if I ever get a response I will post it.

Very many thanks for taking the trouble to reply jaybs. Much appreciated. Stay safe

Good luck. I have been trying since I first learned of it's publication. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack. I am at a loss to understand why it is so difficult to locate. There must have been a printing of 25 copies. Do any MF members actually have the book?

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Do any MF members actually have the book?
    ...I have it ...it's one of my 3 fave Motown reads...!

Name:  20200510_195426.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  89.9 KB

Grape

Didn’t even know the book existed!! What’s it like grape?

Quote Originally Posted by grapevine View Post
    ...I have it ...it's one of my 3 fave Motown reads...!

Name:  20200510_195426.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  89.9 KB

Grape
    Holy smokes and gee-wiz.....
    It's mot easy being green, grape! I don't understand why it's not in print now....was it an
    only purchase on demand type thing? Who is the publisher?....I've been hoping somebody would write about Jr for over 25 years...

It was published in 2011 ...it's 200 pages long ...no glossy photos ...a few 'dark' photos sparsely feature ...maybe 5 or 6 ...here are some reviews on Amazon ...click on the back cover image for further reviews...!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jr-Walker-S.../dp/0983889015

Grape

Thanks, Grape! Well I see it's not on the par of Marc Taylor writing the story of The Marvelettes but I'd still love to read it and hope maybe someone will Jr a second look...

I got the book when it was released, probably through Amazon. Not sure I ever saw it in a book or music retail store. As I recall there was very little on his Motown years. However, I thoroughly enjoyed reading the story of his early life before Motown.

Spoke to both the publisher, they do not own the rights, the co-writer, with Derek, he gave me the last email he had for him. As someone has said these days it is so easy to get small prints, left a message with another contact for Derek, lets see if he responds?