[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    Oh so now the measuring stick has changed to the tone of a singers voice? LOL ok...

So answer me this, who are the greatest male singers? And how do or would you measure their greatness? Is it the strength of their voice, is it their "tone"?
    The tone is what adds body to the voice. It’s not about measuring greatness, it’s about a general consensus that defines the majority. I love Diana’s voice, but am able to acknowledge its limitations and the way it might be perceived.
    I rather think we are going round in circles here.

I truly believe that these things are brought up about DR to try and distract from her success or popularity.
    If that really is what you truly believe then i find that rather worrying. Did you actually read the full article. It’s best to understand that in the real world not everyone worships in the church of Diana. It is often a place for a more balanced opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    The tone is what adds body to the voice. It’s not about measuring greatness, it’s about a general consensus that defines the majority. I love Diana’s voice, but am able to acknowledge its limitations and the way it might be perceived.
    I rather think we are going round in circles here.
    Again, I ask who are the "greatest male singers". I've asked a couple times and you've never responded.

If that really is what you truly believe then i find that rather worrying. Did you actually read the full article. It’s best to understand that in the real world not everyone worships in the church of Diana. It is often a place for a more balanced opinion.
    I just think that we see and hear things differently. You look for the strength of a female singer's voice and then the "tone", what ever that means. I think most people look to neither, but rather how a song makes them feel or their general response to a song or singer, or how a singer is able or unable to bring life to a song to evoke some sort of emotion or reaction. DR has made a successful career out of bringing songs to life and giving them feeling. You don't need a "strong voice" like Aretha or Patti L. to bring a song to life, but you do need the ability to bring a song to life and give it meaning and feeling. That's a better measure of a singer than just the strength of their voice or "tone".

Again, I ask who are the "greatest male singers". I've asked a couple times and you've never responded.
    It’s irrelevant.

It’s irrelevant.
    Sounds to me like you don't want to admit to a double standard. Got it. Next.

I just think that we see and hear things differently. You look for the strength of a female singer's voice and then the "tone", what ever that means. I think most people look to neither, but rather how a song makes them feel or their general response to a song or singer, or how a singer is able or unable to bring life to a song to evoke some sort of emotion or reaction. DR has made a successful career out of bringing songs to life and giving them feeling. You don't need a "strong voice" like Aretha or Patti L. to bring a song to life, but you do need the ability to bring a song to life and give it meaning and feeling. That's a better measure of a singer than just the strength of their voice or "tone".
    Nah, I think the difference between us is that I can understand how Diana’s voice might be perceived by the media as being a little thin and you can’t. End of really.
    What i do find a little disheartening is that on this and a few other recent articles, Diana is finally being recognised as the trail blazer she is. In what should be a moment of celebration for all Ross fans there is always the one that manages to turn a positive into a negative. Well done.

Nah, I think the difference between us is that I can understand how Diana’s voice might be perceived by the media as being a little thin and you can’t. End of really.
    What i do find a little disheartening is that on this and a few other recent articles, Diana is finally being recognised as the trail blazer she is. In what should be a moment of celebration for all Ross fans there is always the one that manages to turn a positive into a negative. Well done.
    Great deflection, well done, if not obvious.

Great deflection, well done, if not obvious.
    Oh dear.