[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes "Lean On Me" Jean Terrell, Mary Wilson, Lynda Laurence Flip Wilson 1972

I saw this the night it originally aired in 1972. They tore this song! Fell in love with Jean Terrell all over again after this. There has to be the full performance somewhere. Thanks Blackguy69

This was the absolute best I've ever heard this particular grouping of The Supremes sound. I remember people talking about their rendition of this song the next day. I do hope that the full performance shows up someday.

new one on me! sounds like something Terrell could really bite into.

I've always hoped for the full clip to surface as well. If there's no chance of that happening, I wonder if there is possibly an unreleased studio version in the Universal vaults that could be released one day? Here's hoping we get that Supremes Jean Terrell era Lost and Found. None of us are getting any younger lol.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I've always hoped for the full clip to surface as well. If there's no chance of that happening, I wonder if there is possibly an unreleased studio version in the Universal vaults that could be released one day? Here's hoping we get that Supremes Jean Terrell era Lost and Found. None of us are getting any younger lol.
    Since all those Flip Wilson appearances were taped from television, I wonder if the show/series is sold as a box set could we get the full performances that way?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Since all those Flip Wilson appearances were taped from television, I wonder if the show/series is sold as a box set could we get the full performances that way?
    I think some of his shows are out on DVD, but unfortunately not the complete series. I haven't heard anything about any of the Supremes' performances or appearances showing up on his DVD's, likely because it isn't worth the trouble of licensing the music from Universal. But hopefully it will turn up one day. There's some retro tv channels out there like Get TV, who have been unearthing and airing some of these old tv shows and specials...so hopefully it will only be a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I think some of his shows are out on DVD, but unfortunately not the complete series. I haven't heard anything about any of the Supremes' performances or appearances showing up on his DVD's, likely because it isn't worth the trouble of licensing the music from Universal. But hopefully it will turn up one day. There's some retro tv channels out there like Get TV, who have been unearthing and airing some of these old tv shows and specials...so hopefully it will only be a matter of time.
    I was just looking up the various box sets they have for sale of the Flip Wilson Show. When TV Land aired a few episodes back several years ago, the edited each show with the Supremes down to just one song and the comedy skit. So I know the other parts still exist.