[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross - "I Love You [[Call Me)"

Produced by Deke Richards, he says he had wanted to make a record of Diana singing the song as soon as he heard Aretha;s version [[of course Aretha wrote the song). Diana liked Deke's arrangement and he says 'I've always been so proud of her interpretation and performance', which was nominated for Best Female R&B Performance Grammy. Aretha herself won the award that year for her cover version of Bridge Over Troubled Water'.

<em>

This song was never a favorite, even by Aretha. I was shocked and puzzled [[in that order) when I found out that it was nominated for a Grammmy. Just shows how everyone has their own likes, tastes, preferences .

I was never nuts about the song either...as a 11 year old, the LP pretty much bored me..I wondered why a song that wasn't even a single could get a Grammy?

I was nuts about Aretha's "Bridge"....still am.....find that and her Let It Be 2 of the most uplifting tracks I ever heard....I love the Supremes "Bridge" too...I hated the original at the time, but liked it once I got to be about 15....about 4 years later.

Not one of my Diana Ross favourites by a long way. It's far from one of her best vocal performances in my opinion.

My favorite track from this album.
    Lovely

Diana’s version is pure understated brilliance.

I love this version of a Queen Ree classic. I would've never thought that Diana could do an Aretha cut justice but for my taste she accomplished just that. And she did it while staying true to herself and not even attempting an Aretha inspired performance. I love it so that I actually have come to love Diana's version of this song even more than Aretha's, which I never thought possible. I love the live versions even more.