[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross - "Doobedood ..." Fan Extended Version

A pleasant diversion!

Oh Johnny!!! Miss you every day buddy. What a nice guy. Lost too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    I don't know who Johnny is? Bristol?

Did Midnight Johnny do this extended mix?

Its kind of fun, but has never been one of my faves. I always thought it went on a bit so an extended version makes that even worse. Hats off though, it did really well to reach UK 12. Did UK DJ Tony Blackburn strike again?. I feel certain that “And If You See Him” would have charted even higher as it’s a far superior song.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    I don't know who Johnny is? Bristol?
    John Perrone, aka Midnight Johnny.
    Last edited by thanxal; 05-02-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Did Midnight Johnny do this extended mix?
    Yes. He used the moniker “Mosogotam”. “Mo”town, “So”ul, “Go”rdy, “Tam”la. Anything by Mosogotam on YouTube is his creation. I absolutely love what he did with Up the Ladder. I wildly messaged him telling him how much I appreciated that mix. He was so generous in his replies and sent me more links.

Yes. He used the moniker “Mosogotam”. “Mo”town, “So”ul, “Go”rdy, “Tam”la. Anything by Mosogotam on YouTube is his creation. I absolutely love what he did with Up the Ladder. I wildly messaged him telling him how much I appreciated that mix. He was so generous in his replies and sent me more links.
    Yes he was a wonderful man. He did some great work. He surely is missed.

John Perrone, aka Midnight Johnny.
    Thanks. Gotta check out his work!

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    Thanks. Gotta check out his work!
    Search "Mosogotam" on Youtube. He did extended mixes for much of Motown, not just the Supremes. His extended remix of "I'm Ready for Love" is very good as is his remix of "All I Need". I have a playlist of 47 remixes for the Supremes/Ross alone.

For those who don't know, John was a nurse who succumbed to COVID-19 just a few weeks ago. He had a radio show on WOMR and had many Motowners on. I recall his interview with Jean Terrell fondly. Many of us on the forum would geek out and post like crazy during his show. I miss him.
    Last edited by thanxal; 05-02-2020 at 08:09 PM.

This is one of my fav Diana songs even though the title is stupid. BTW Tony Blackburn had nothing to do with it's release in the UK.

Search "Mosogotam" on Youtube. He did extended mixes for much of Motown, not just the Supremes. His extended remix of "I'm Ready for Love" is very good as is his remix of "All I Need". I have a playlist of 47 remixes for the Supremes/Ross alone.

For those who don't know, John was a nurse who succumbed to COVID-19 just a few weeks ago. He had a radio show on WOMR and had many Motowners on. I recall his interview with Jean Terrell fondly. Many of us on the forum would geek out and post like crazy during his show. I miss him.
    Found this on the WOMR website. You can access the archives for some of John's interviews:

https://womr.org/about/meet-our-people/john-perrone-2/

Thanks, thanxal. Sad to hear about his passing. COVID-10 affects us all.

I love this song. Not as crazy about this extended version. I love a lot of his remixes, but this one mostly just repeats the ending over and over. I would've liked to hear him do something more and original with it. In it's original form it is definitely a favorite of mine.