[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross - "Ain't No Sad Song"

The second track from the second Diana solo lp. Another Hal Davis production, this song was co-written by Berry Gordy IV and someone billed as 'C. Ross'. Anyone know who that is? Another up-tempo song of independence and one I've always loved -

Not to say that one can believe everything one reads online, however lyrics.com lists it as being Chico. Although not a favorite of mine, it sounds like something Aretha could have done something with.

One of the highlights from the album

One of my fav Diana vocals. She could sing just about any type music and she didn't always have to be smooth and sophisticated. She could go hard when she wanted to.

Another great song off EIE. The alternate version of this song is good too.

For me, EIE is definitely an album of stark contrasts. There are several outstanding songs on the album but there are equally some very weak songs on side 2.

This pandemic quarantine has me listening more closely. I was luke-warm on this in 1970. The album really was an album of stark contrasts. Some really like the variety. I found it jarringly disjointed, haphazard. I am appreciating this song and even the album more now.