[REMOVE ADS]

Male Version of "Blues Ain't Nothin"

As usual I have full confidence that I will get an answer to this question. On the most recent Trudy Lynn CD [[one of my favorite blues mamas) she opens with a terrific song entitled "Blues Ain't Nothin." The focal point of the song is a woman missing her man.

Well today, while listening to my Lumos TV music channels, I heard a male version that sounded quite good. However I came in during the middle of it and they never flashed the graphic up on the screen telling me who it was.

It sounded VERY MUCH like B B King so do we know if he ever recorded that song? But here is the weird part.........I was on a Country Music channel at the time, so the idea that it might be BB threw me off a bit.

Any idea as to whose version I might have heard?

David, what's weird is that not only do I ever remember BB recording that song but I can't
    think of anyone who sounded like BB King vocally, that is. Are you sure you didn't mean
    the guitar styling? Because also weirdly back to our subject of last week, Shemekia Copeland's daddy Johnny did record Blues Ain't Nothin and his guitar is indeed stylistically
    like BB's...

No the similarity was in the vocals not the guitar. If I were to hear that vocal again I would recognize it.