[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross & The Supremes - "Reflections" Remix

Loving this imaginative remix along with the video presentation, particularly the b&w footage. Cindy in her Barbara Feldon[[ish) trench and straight hair, right?!

I'm loving the images and clips I've not seen before! You're right about "Agent 99" Cindy.

very cool, thanks for posting!

Nah, nope, not at all! The tempo is too fast. That disco sound sucks on a song like this. If you have to repeat a line too many times to get a remix out of it, it is not a good remix in my opinion, and the echo on Diane's voice ruins it.
    Last edited by marv2; 05-01-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Great video and cool mix.

OMG! This remix is HORRIBLE, and so wrong on quite a few levels! I love Diana Ross' voice more than I can express, but I'd still have to say that her lead is mixed way too loud, completely out of proportion to the track. From a musical standpoint the chord progressions are not working and are not jelling with the melody. The way some of the vocals were shifted out of the original timing makes them completely out of the pocket and feel awkward where they were placed, most especially the lines "Through the happy times oooh when you were mine", and "Right before my eyes my world has turned to dust". Those lines should have been left where they happened originally because the timing of where they were moved to is super corny!

Some of the musical sounds of the production, especially the hand claps, sound pretty cheesy. Being that "Reflections" transitions from a major key to the major key a minor third up, it's just about mandatory that the same chord progressions are used on all the changes [[pre chorus, chorus, bridge), even on a remix so that the melody doesn't clash with the music, like it does on this remix.

Sorry to say that the visual production ain't really that cool either. The intro looks real cheap, and the scenes where Mary and Cindy go from almost disappearing to looking real fat is not a good look at all.