[REMOVE ADS]

Mary is Planning a REUNION!

Not quite what you think.

According to Mary's FB page, she is planning a 60's GIRL GROUP reunion with members of The Shirelles, the Pointer Sisters, the Emotions, the Ronettes, the Shangri-la's.....

Supposedly this will be exclusively online and a "telethon".

Personally, I'd love to see her reunite with the available 70's Supremes; not sure if Jean and Lynda can work together, but Scherrie and Susaye would be a good start!

I got an email about this. If she decides to reunite with the Supremes, I hope it is with Susaye Greene and Scherrie Payne. Maybe she could include the Original Vandellas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Not quite what you think.

According to Mary's FB page, she is planning a 60's GIRL GROUP reunion with members of The Shirelles, the Pointer Sisters, the Emotions, the Ronettes, the Shangri-la's.....

Supposedly this will be exclusively online and a "telethon".

Personally, I'd love to see her reunite with the available 70's Supremes; not sure if Jean and Lynda can work together, but Scherrie and Susaye would be a good start!
    Dream come true...MSS!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Dream come true...MSS!
    Totally and if anyone can pull this off, it is Mary Wilson! Remember what she did with the Girl Group Stamps and ceremony at the Rock Hall?

she's still got her work cut out for her....this seems to be in very early planning.

saw a fairly recent video of Mary Weiss of the Shangri-las performing with members of Aerosmith I believe....she's sounding great...I think she was only 15 when they first hit.

It would be great if Jean could be coaxed into performing. And miracle of wonder, if Cindy is well enough to make even a non performing appearance fans would love it, and she surely would go home feeling very loved.

Desperate Mary is at it again.

Is Diana definitely not going to be involved?. I don’t think i’m strong enough for an RTL part 2 lol.

Lolol Ollie!!

If she could pull off getting Shirley and Beverly to sing together that would be big!

I think Mary is just putting the idea out there while it is in the planning stages. I think they were thoughts on a reunion of the girls from the 60's and 70's. I didn't hear anything about the Supremes so I am sure it would be just her solo. I know she said Girl Group Reunion but I don't think she meant any Supremes reunion. I could be wrong, but this all seems like musings in the planning and development phases from the Facebook post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Is Diana definitely not going to be involved?. I don’t think i’m strong enough for an RTL part 2 lol.
    Please no!

I remember Martha got upset at stamp ceremony as someone else sang Dancin... were the original Vandellas there ?I don’t remember.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I remember Martha got upset at stamp ceremony as someone else sang Dancin... were the original Vandellas there ?I don’t remember.
    Yes they were there. The Original Vandellas [[Annette and Roz) sang back up for Mary during her set.

Mary has the personality and charm to pull something like this and the Girl Group Stamp ceremony off.

She was referring to the girl groups of the 60’s and 70’s not the Supremes

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    She could get involved, she's not doing anything and it is for a good cause. Wait! What am I saying? LOL!!!!!

Do you think she'll include the Three Degrees?