[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson - Show Me

This is clearly an unfinished demo. The question we have is who is the male singer duetting with her on it? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    This is clearly an unfinished demo. The question we have is who is the male singer duetting with her on it? Anyone?

Thanks Marv. Def has a catchy tune and def has/had potential.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Thanks Marv. Def has a catchy tune and def has/had potential.
    You're most welcome DET. I like it too. I would love to hear a finished version of this song. I also would love to hear the songs Mary recorded with Dionne Warwick in Brazil. I've heard the one she did with that Brazilian girl group.

You're most welcome DET. I like it too. I would love to hear a finished version of this song. I also would love to hear the songs Mary recorded with Dionne Warwick in Brazil. I've heard the one she did with that Brazilian girl group.
    Never heard of this. Do you know how many songs she recorded in in Brazil?. It seems Mary has quite a diverse body of work few know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Never heard of this. Do you know how many songs she recorded in in Brazil?. It seems Mary has quite a diverse body of work few know about.
    I am not sure of the number of songs she recorded in Brasil. The one she did with the girl group is on Youtube. One of the songs she recorded with Dionne Warwick is called "The Heartbreak of Love".

Yes, that clearly is an unfinished demo. I can't say that it is one of my favorites that she has recorded,though. Still, nice to hear things I have never heard before.

I am not sure of the number of songs she recorded in Brasil. The one she did with the girl group is on Youtube. One of the songs she recorded with Dionne Warwick is called "The Heartbreak of Love".
    I’ve always thought Mary’s voice would have been perfect for this song. It’s right up her street. Has it ever been officially confirmed that she actually recorded this song with Dionne?. If so, i wonder why Dionne recorded it again with June Pointer?.
    I think many of the duets on Reservations For Two” would have suited Marys voice particularly well.
    The album is probably my favourite of Dionne's.

I’ve always thought Mary’s voice would have been perfect for this song. It’s right up her street. Has it ever been officially confirmed that she actually recorded this song with Dionne?. If so, i wonder why Dionne recorded it again with June Pointer?.
    I think many of the duets on Reservations For Two” would have suited Marys voice particularly well.
    The album is probably my favourite of Dionne's.
    Yeah both Mary and Dionne spoke about it on this guy's talk show back in the 90s. I can't remember his name. Maybe they recorded it with June because Mary did not have a contract at the time.

Yeah both Mary and Dionne spoke about it on this guy's talk show back in the 90s. I can't remember his name. Maybe they recorded it with June because Mary did not have a contract at the time.
    I guess that could be the reason. It does see strange it has never turned up anywhere.

I guess that could be the reason. It does see strange it has never turned up anywhere.
    I am almost certain that it will turn up sooner or later.

Here's one of the songs she recorded with Brazilian group, "As Sublimes":

Here's one of the songs she recorded with Brazilian group, "As Sublimes":

Nice cool jazz vibe. I wish it was a Mary solo, but it sounds like all the girls can sing.

Nice cool jazz vibe. I wish it was a Mary solo, but it sounds like all the girls can sing.
    It does have that "Kool Jazz" vibe to it. Mary would have sounded great on this solo, I agree.