[REMOVE ADS]

The four seasons catalogue box set

BREAKING NEWS - 27th April 2020

Speaking to Snapper Records last night I was informed that Bob Gaudio has agreed the LIST we proposed for the forthcoming BOX SET. 780+ tracks with many unreleased and UNIQUE and RARE versions....plus 3 LIVE shows from the early 1970s....43 CD's in total and ALL the catalogue that still exists. BUT best of all 13 previously UNRELEASED MOTOWN gems which I have been asking for since 2002 when a list rumoured real from the 1990s was confirmed. I am still trying to get 9 newly discovered ALTERNATE VERSIONS included and have drawn these to Bob Gaudio's attention.

I'll reveal more re the BONUS TRACKS including UNRELEASED from every decade from the 60s to the 80s as we agree CD locations with the engineer and he Re-Masters each album from the FSP Master Tapes [in both MONO/STEREO where they have survived]. The 'insert' book is progressing well and artwork coming along. As for the release date......in these times of social distance working it will be asap. The last 18 months work has largely been done that way and the REVIEW STAGE and CONTRACTS STAGE are completed and so the PRODUCTION STAGE begins. More News and 'sweeteners' here as I am able.

Wow. This thing sounds majestic! It's so great that they do these massive sets but price is also key.

Ah yes another chance for me to say "keep em coming." But I must say, this one [[much like the Donna Summer project) sounds just TOO comprehensive and therefore too pricey for the average buyer. I wonder if a better strategy might be to categorize the music some way and release these projects in several sets, so that a buyer could pick and choose what they could afford. Speaking just for myself in general terms, I would pay $75-100 for a 10-12 CD set a whole lot quicker than I would shell out $300-400 or more for something like this. Whereas the diehard fans would maybe buy everything and bring in more money in the long run.