[REMOVE ADS]

Happy Belated Birthday to Ann Peebles

We missed it by a day but the great lady of Hi Records turned 73 on the 24th. Definitely one of my best ever 50 cent cut out bins purchases, which led to me making sure I got EVERYTHING she ever put out. Hope she is doing well these days. I understand she had a stroke a number of years ago or otherwise she might still be out there belting the blues! Definitely one of the best ever!!!

Certainly wish all the best to the great Ann Peebles...She gave up so much soul in her
    own unique way. That voice!....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZGvOqsPoLQ

Yes, an extraordinary singer in any genre. Hope Ann is doing better.

Wow, what a talent Ann Peebles is. I Have all her HI 45's & plus 3 Lps. All of 'em were great & pretty big on Southern Soul Stations, starting with "Part Time Love" but one og my faves is "I'm Gonna Tear Your Playhouse Down". I hope she is doing good & had a Healthy & Happy Birthday.

Happy Birthday Miss Ann and many, many more!

I also saw someplace that her actual birthday was the 27th. But I guess it doesn't really matter. The important thing is that we remember her artistry. In addition to the many recordings by her that I have in my collection, she has also been featured on my Lumos Networks TV music channels twice lately. I heard 99 Lbs. one day and Walk Away the next.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    Wow, what a talent Ann Peebles is. I Have all her HI 45's & plus 3 Lps. All of 'em were great & pretty big on Southern Soul Stations, starting with "Part Time Love" but one og my faves is "I'm Gonna Tear Your Playhouse Down". I hope she is doing good & had a Healthy & Happy Birthday.
    I like her Hi track 99lbs. of Soul.