[REMOVE ADS]

Greatest Hits from The Beginning - The Miracles

Hi Folks,

I have found out that the above mentioned double LP [[first double release 1965 for Motown) released on CD in 1991 and now itīs out of print. I try to search in the internet, to get the CD without success. Maybe someone has a suggestion or idea for me how can I get the CD ?

Thanks in advance for any reply

Quote Originally Posted by Fullfillingnessfirstfinale View Post
    Hi Folks,

I have found out that the above mentioned double LP [[first double release 1965 for Motown) released on CD in 1991 and now itīs out of print. I try to search in the internet, to get the CD without success. Maybe someone has a suggestion or idea for me how can I get the CD ?

The old tried and true. Search used record stores. I know there are a lot fewer of them now, but that's what I'd do. Wait until this pandemic is under control and then go for it! It's actually fun and interesting checking out used record shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullfillingnessfirstfinale View Post
    Hi Folks,

Your comment re availability on a CD is suspect. I checked and see where it was only ever released on a 2xLP and a cassette. No record exists of a CD.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Your comment re availability on a CD is suspect. I checked and see where it was only ever released on a 2xLP and a cassette. No record exists of a CD.
    Correct:

https://www.discogs.com/The-Miracles.../master/476265

Marv is right,i found a copy recently at the good ol[thrift store]in good condition too,as smokey would say..you better-shop around!

I'm with Woodward on this one - I've never seen any reference to this having been released on an official CD [[but I'd like to obtain one if it has). Where have you seen the reference to a CD? It was certainly available on 8 track over 2 volumes.

The 2 LP sets seem to be readily available and at quite reasonable prices [[whereas a 1991 CD would probably command a fortune). The LPs seem to have 3 main versions, Tamla Globes, Tamla square label [[with white roundel on the cover) and re-released on the Motown label.

I think there was a different mix or something in at least one of the tracks on the LPs but I've forgotten now.

Pretty sure the album can be downloaded.
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 04-22-2020 at 05:31 PM.

As Woodward posted, The Miracles Greatest Hits From The Beginning never made it to CD. However, The Miracles' "Lost And Found" collection, Along Came Love, contains the cuts from that album that hadn't made it to the other compilations on the group. So just try to get Along Came Love and one of various "Greatest Hits" for The Miracles collections and you'll be set.

I'm still convinced there's no CD but I can see that wikipedia shows "This album was released on CD in 1991, but has since gone out of print".

Also amazon shows it as released on Audio CD [[20 Aug. 1991) by Universal Music & VI motown with ASIN: B00000DWS9. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Greatest-Hi...7591693&sr=8-1

Neither source is 100% reliable in my experience but it would be nice if there was a CD.

This was a very limited release, if it was released at all. It was supposedly available from Tower Records US along with Brenda Holloway's Every Little Bit Hurts and a few other reported rarities. I never saw any of them. Both the Atlanta and Chicago store crews claimed these two existed.

[QUOTE=mysterysinger;573089]I'm still convinced there's no CD.....

Also amazon shows it as released on Audio CD [[20 Aug. 1991) by Universal Music & VI motown with ASIN: B00000DWS9. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Greatest-Hits-... [Quote]

My question, what is VI? And in 1991 MCA would have been producing the cd , not Universal, so was this a more recent bootleg of some sort?...
    Clicking on the streaming link leads to the following information:

• Original Release Date: 21 Mar. 1965
    • Release Date: 1 Sept. 2014
    • Label: UMC [[Universal Music Catalogue)
    • Copyright: ℗ 2014 Motown Records, a Division of UMG Recordings, Inc. Đ 1965 Motown Records, a Division of UMG Recordings, Inc.
    • Record Company Required Metadata: Music file metadata contains unique purchase identifier. Learn more.
    • Total Length: 1:00:49

Well Amazon does offer the mp3s for sale. If it were me I'd just purchase the mp3s and burn my own cds. As far as the artwork, I'd scan the vinyl covers and print them out. That's what I ended up doing with the Temptations show lp.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    i'm with woodward on this one - i've never seen any reference to this having been released on an official cd [[but i'd like to obtain one if it has). Where have you seen the reference to a cd? It was certainly available on 8 track over 2 volumes.

The 2 lp sets seem to be readily available and at quite reasonable prices [[whereas a 1991 cd would probably command a fortune). The lps seem to have 3 main versions, tamla globes, tamla square label [[with white roundel on the cover) and re-released on the motown label.

I think there was a different mix or something in at least one of the tracks on the lps but i've forgotten now.

Pretty sure the album can be downloaded.
    yes,on the copy i recently bought the mixes are different but you'll enjoy them.

I had many CD stores growing up between NJ, NY, Philly, Pgh and Fla - I never have seen this on cd going back to 1986. I remember asking about it years ago when I helped doing the A/B comparisons for the 35th Anniversary Collection - I was told then there was a note that it was not of CD quality to issue. I'd dream of an authorized mono/stereo release for this 2-lp album - my first from the mighty Miracles.

Thanks for all the helpful responses folks, it seems like I must search all the songs which contains in the album for download and must buy the LP, I really fell in love with the cover artwork, it must be a sunrise, because the title is GH from the beginning

Claudette and Bobby explained to me one time, that the cover art was "inspired"...in the beginning, there was a Miracle.

..or there were the Miracles at the beginning of Motown.

Quote Originally Posted by tjl View Post
    Claudette and Bobby explained to me one time, that the cover art was "inspired"...in the beginning, there was a Miracle.

..or there were the Miracles at the beginning of Motown.
    That was a great concept for album cover artwork. TJ! How are you? Stay safe buddy!

well Marv thanks