[REMOVE ADS]

Robin seymour???...

I'm trying to find a link to a story going around that former CKLW DJ Robin Seymour has passed away at the age of 94 at his home in San Antonio... Colton Thomas has posted it on his FB page... I'm trying to find a link...
    Last edited by StuBass1; 04-17-2020 at 06:53 PM.

From Kim Maki...

THE GREAT ROBIN SEYMOUR
    passed away peacefully but unexpectedly in his home in San Antonio Texas at the age of 94. He brought so much music and joy to us metro Detroit boomer kids..thanks so much Robin and
    rock on forever ri

Robin Seymour 1926-2020... Name:  93109366_2575868325853059_7614761009017782272_o.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  99.0 KB
    Last edited by StuBass1; 04-17-2020 at 06:54 PM.

Another part of my childhood has gone. I can't remember a time back then without Robin Seymour on the radio or TV. He was the best! Rest in peace Robin and thank you for everything.

Marv

[QUOTE=marv2;572325]Another part of my childhood has gone. I can't remember a time back then without Robin Seymour on the radio or TV. He was the best! Rest in peace Robin and thank you for everything.

Damn Marv, he was such a part of my childhood in Detroit, it seemed like he was part of the family. I am really at a loss for words. I was just telling a co-worker what a great childhood I had growing up in Detroit.

[QUOTE=detmotownguy;572344]
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Another part of my childhood has gone. I can't remember a time back then without Robin Seymour on the radio or TV. He was the best! Rest in peace Robin and thank you for everything.

Damn Marv, he was such a part of my childhood in Detroit, it seemed like he was part of the family. I am really at a loss for words. I was just telling a co-worker what a great childhood I had growing up in Detroit.
    He was like the "Anti-Bill Bonds"! LOL! Thank God Robin lived a long and hopefully happy life.

[QUOTE=marv2;572346]
    Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post

He was like the "Anti-Bill Bonds"! LOL! Thank God Robin lived a long and hopefully happy life.
    Good one Marv!!!!! Bill bought me a drink once! In a sense, I do think he liked Coleman Young to an extent. I cannot say why though. As a side note, a movie on Coleman Young might be interesting!

[QUOTE=detmotownguy;572350]
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Good one Marv!!!!! Bill bought me a drink once! In a sense, I do think he liked Coleman Young to an extent. I cannot say why though. As a side note, a movie on Coleman Young might be interesting!
    He did? ! Wow! I was thinking before I read your post that Bill Bonds could start drinking and them become a belligerent drunk. He might even try to take a swing at someone. When he was not drunk, I bet he was a decent guy with a lot of knowledge and stories to share. I can remember stuck in traffic coming through Berkley after work in the summer and hearing on the radio how Bill Bonds got pulled over for DUI the night before. A movie on Coleman Young would be a blockbuster.......if handled correctly.
    Last edited by marv2; 04-17-2020 at 11:37 PM.

Didn't it seem like Bill Bonds was always pissed off? While Robin Seymour was everyone's kind, hip, and talkative uncle or somebody.
    Last edited by marv2; 04-17-2020 at 11:38 PM.