[REMOVE ADS]

Dixie Hummingbirds with Stevie Wonder and Paul Simon....

This was one of my favorite songs as a young teenager:

I am sure why the video does not show up here, but it plays on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47kREBhc4Ow

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I am sure why the video does not show up here, but it plays on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47kREBhc4Ow
    Not showing up on YouTube either, at least not for me.

Marv, is this the video?

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    Marv, is this the video?

Yes is the video. Something weird was going on with the uploader. Thanks Lockhartgary.

Yes is the video. Something weird was going on with the uploader. Thanks Lockhartgary.
    You are welcome, Marv.

The Dixie Hummingbirds have always been one of my favorite groups. My mother played their stuff quite often. It was cool that they sang background on Paul Simon's initial release of this song. They also covered Stevie's "Jesus Children of America".

You are welcome, Marv.

The Dixie Hummingbirds have always been one of my favorite groups. My mother played their stuff quite often. It was cool that they sang background on Paul Simon's initial release of this song. They also covered Stevie's "Jesus Children of America".
    Do you remember the Dixie Hummingbirds version without Paul Simon? Whew! They sang that song into the ground! LOL! My grandmother loved the Hummingbirds.

The Dixie Hummingbirds did not mess around!

Do you remember the Dixie Hummingbirds version without Paul Simon? Whew! They sang that song into the ground! LOL! My grandmother loved the Hummingbirds.
    I have that song in my collection. Those brothers could SANG!!! You can hear their influence on the Tempts for sure, especially on Melvin Franklin.

I have that song in my collection. Those brothers could SANG!!! You can hear their influence on the Tempts for sure, especially on Melvin Franklin.
    Yep and on many of the Doo-Wop groups that came out of NYC, the Bronx etc.

One more joint performance

This performance precedes the one above. Stevie really blows on this one and the audience is most appreciative!

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    This performance precedes the one above. Stevie really blows on this one and the audience is most appreciative!

Ira Tucker, the lead singer of the Dixie Hummingbirds' son Ira Jr. has been a long time associate of Stevie Wonder's. He and Stevie co-wrote "Bad Weather" for the Supremes.

Ira Tucker, the lead singer of the Dixie Hummingbirds' son Ira Jr. has been a long time associate of Stevie Wonder's. He and Stevie co-wrote "Bad Weather" for the Supremes.
    I knew of his association with Stevie but not of his being a co-writer of "Bad Weather."

I know that Ira Tucker Sr's daughters [[Sundray Tucker and Lynda Laurence) are also in the music business. Didn't one of them also work with Stevie?

Off topic: Lee Andrews of Lee Andrews and the Hearts [["Try the Impossible", "Long Lonely Nights") is the son of Dixie Hummingbird Beachy Thompson.

I knew of his association with Stevie but not of his being a co-writer of "Bad Weather."

I know that Ira Tucker Sr's daughters [[Sundray Tucker and Lynda Laurence) are also in the music business. Didn't one of them also work with Stevie?

Off topic: Lee Andrews of Lee Andrews and the Hearts [["Try the Impossible", "Long Lonely Nights") is the son of Dixie Hummingbird Beachy Thompson.
    Both of Mr. Ira's daughters sang in Stevie's backup group. I chatted with Ira Jr's son a while back and have met his wife and his daughter Lynda before. I didn't know that about Lee Andrews and Beachy Thompson. Thanks Lockhartgary.