[REMOVE ADS]

Whitney Houston Doc for Lifetime Interviews Singer Cherelle

They showed a preview during the Clark Sisters movie. Seems like the same old stuff but I'll probably watch.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    They showed a preview during the Clark Sisters movie. Seems like the same old stuff but I'll probably watch.
    From the preview you saw can you tell if there is anything different about Lifetime's presentation?

The preview was rather short. I did notice that Cherrelle was included as well as Tina Brown. They also refer to things Whitney went through as a child. I'm assuming they meant the molestation accusations that came up in the last documentary. This one seems to be taking the approach of the tragic lives of both Whitney and Bobbi Kristina.

I love Cherrelle! Hopefully this will be respectful and not too overly dramatic. I don't have much hope if Tina Brown is involved.

When I saw Tina, I was like "oh here go hell come..." she was her drug buddy. SMH also sold stories on Whitney too.

Cherrelle and Whitney were friends since 1984. I wonder if Cherrelle is why Whitney for a while was rocking the wavy blond bob during the early promotion of her debut.

I read somewhere that when Diana Ross left Motown, she had to get a bank loan to pay the taxes on her home!

Being close to Maxine Powell, Diana Ross learned 50% of show business is Business!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    I read somewhere that when Diana Ross left Motown, she had to get a bank loan to pay the taxes on her home!

Being close to Maxine Powell, Diana Ross learned 50% of show business is Business!!!!!
    If this is true it's quite a tribute to Maxine Powell. What a shame that so many of Ms. Powell's students did not learn the lesson that Diana Ross was intelligent to learn.

If this is true it's quite a tribute to Maxine Powell. What a shame that so many of Ms. Powell's students did not learn the lesson that Diana Ross was intelligent to learn. But I wonder: what does your comment have to do with the Lifetime movie about Whitney Houston?

I made the comment to reflect the importance of a mentor to guide one's
    talent and ambition.
    Perhaps, had Whitney Houston a role model to guide her, like Maxine Powell, circumstances would have been different.
    A documentary or a movie based on Maxine Powell's life would be interesting
    projects. Ms.Powell had many facets
    of entrepreneurship which remain unrecognized by the general public. Besides that, she was a classy and genuine individual of enthusiasm.

I made the comment to reflect the importance of a mentor to guide one's
    talent and ambition.
    Perhaps, had Whitney Houston a role model to guide her, like Maxine Powell, circumstances would have been different.
    A documentary or a movie based on Maxine Powell's life would be interesting
    projects. Ms.Powell had many facets
    of entrepreneurship which remain unrecognized by the general public. Besides that, she was a classy and genuine individual of enthusiasm.
    Yes, I see what you mean now. We didn't get near enough exposure to Ms. Powell's theories of life while she was with us. Here's a nice bit from NPR -

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswi...town-its-charm

Thank you for the link to the NPR tribute to Maxine Powell. Ms.Powell stated that, to paraphrase, some of the Motown artists were crude and rude, yet they came from humble beginnings, but it did not matter where you came from, but where you were going. She stated classy gracefulness,"Perfectly welcomed."

Whitney could've definitely learned better if she had a Maxine Powell-like woman with her around... good point TNSUN. It's so sad. She had probably the greatest singing voice ever and yet she was used and abused because of it. Sad story, though Whitney is what we call a true music legend.

I met Cherelle one night at club in Detroit back in the 80s. She was with her friends and I was with mine. It was my job to introduce everyone all around.........hehehehehehehe!