[REMOVE ADS]

Did anyone watch the clark sisters movie

It was pretty transparent and showed the struggles that they and their mother endured. The music, acting and story were all stellar.

Yes! It was pretty well done. I think this is actually the first biopic focused on a gospel group. Take away the genre, the Clarks went through the same struggles other musical families went through: pressure on the genius of the siblings, a sometimes overbearing stage parent [[though she had her reasons being a woman in a male-dominated environment), sibling rivalries, family dysfunction [[domestic abuse and sibling/parent infighting) and vocal harmonies that only siblings can understand.

I had no idea Twinkie suffered THAT much. I knew about Denise. The other three [[Karen, Dorinda and Jackie) had their own struggles too [[mainly Karen and Dorinda and I only think they showed half of what they suffered). Wish Mattie had took her health seriously [[RIP) and Twinkie's need to be independent [[Twinkie accompanied Mattie for nearly 30 years between 1963 and 1992, Mattie was forced into retirement after 92 due to her bout with diabetes).
    Last edited by midnightman; 04-14-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Aunjunae Ellis was excellent as Dr. Mattie Moss Clark. The music was good.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Yes! It was pretty well done. I think this is actually the first biopic focused on a gospel group. Take away the genre, the Clarks went through the same struggles other musical families went through: pressure on the genius of the siblings, a sometimes overbearing stage parent [[though she had her reasons being a woman in a male-dominated environment), sibling rivalries, family dysfunction [[domestic abuse and sibling/parent infighting) and vocal harmonies that only siblings can understand.

I had no idea Twinkie suffered THAT much. I knew about Denise. The other three [[Karen, Dorinda and Jackie) had their own struggles too [[mainly Karen and Dorinda and I only think they showed half of what they suffered). Wish Mattie had took her health seriously [[RIP) and Twinkie's need to be independent [[Twinkie accompanied Mattie for nearly 30 years between 1963 and 1992, Mattie was forced into retirement after 92 due to her bout with diabetes).
    Great assessment. I was very surprised at the transparency and pleased at the outcome.

Loved the reenactment of this