[REMOVE ADS]

Ike & Tina Turner concerts/appearances

Hey there gang....does anyone have or know anyone that might have old concerts of Ike & Tina they recorded from the audience [[or soundboard recordings) that haven't already been released? I'm looking for stuff from:

-1967 [[September-December)
    -1968 [[January-August)
    -1969 [[September-December)
    -1970 [[January-August)
    -1971 [[May-August)
    -1972 [[August-November)
    -1973 [[July-August)
    -1975 [[February-December)
    -1976 [[January-June)

I'm also looking for these TV appearances of theirs:

-The Tonight Show [[July 9, 1970 and November 25, 1970)

-The Name of The Game [[I Love You, Billy Baker, Parts 1 and 2) [[November 20 and 27, 1970)

-Starparade [[February 4, 1971)

-Ron Magers' Electric Impressions [[February 20, 1971)

-The New Bill Cosby Show [[December 4, 1972 and January 15, 1973)

-The Midnight Special [[November 9, 1973)

-The full appearance in this video [[https://www.facebook.com/TinaTurnerB...6617282723151/)

-The Cher Show [[October 12, 1975) [[the full 1-hour version)

A couple years ago on PBS they showed a concert which looked to be from about 1970. It was interesting because it was definitely shot in a smallish venue, like a small auditorium, definitely not an arena. It looked to be right after they broke through with their big hit Proud Mary. I found it very interesting because although it didn’t have a lot of special effects or great light shows or anything like that, it presented Tina just singing at the top of her game probably just before they started playing arenas. I’m sure you can find it and it looks like it might be from one of the time frames you were thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    A couple years ago on PBS they showed a concert which looked to be from about 1970. It was interesting because it was definitely shot in a smallish venue, like a small auditorium, definitely not an arena. It looked to be right after they broke through with their big hit Proud Mary. I found it very interesting because although it didn’t have a lot of special effects or great light shows or anything like that, it presented Tina just singing at the top of her game probably just before they started playing arenas. I’m sure you can find it and it looks like it might be from one of the time frames you were thinking of.
    Is it this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcPEIaGikhQ

If so, I own that one already.

Quote Originally Posted by ltm1997 View Post
    Is it this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcPEIaGikhQ

If so, I own that one already.
    It certainly could be. It’s been a while since I’ve seen it but it definitely looks like the same timeframe. I remember when they announced Tina, her entrance just consisted of her simply walking out on stage. No big buildup nothing. So I imagine it may be the one you have already. I thought it was a great concert. I love them during that time frame, and of course Ike’s reputation back then wasn’t what it became later.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    It certainly could be. It’s been a while since I’ve seen it but it definitely looks like the same timeframe. I remember when they announced Tina, her entrance just consisted of her simply walking out on stage. No big buildup nothing. So I imagine it may be the one you have already. I thought it was a great concert. I love them during that time frame, and of course Ike’s reputation back then wasn’t what it became later.
    That sounds like the one I have, and they were great in that time frame!

Quote Originally Posted by ltm1997 View Post
    That sounds like the one I have, and they were great in that time frame!
    I saw them around this time as well, one of the first concerts I ever saw when I was in high school, after they hit it big with "Proud Mary." They were at the Masonic Temple in Detroit, a smallish auditorium, about the size of a high school auditorium maybe. I think it was just after their album "Let Me Touch Your Mind" came out, because I remember my girlfriend and I being astounded that she recreated the hand gestures around her eyes and face, just like when you folded and refolded the album cover which made different images. It was kind of like when girls used to fold paper in their hands, write things on the different pieces, and then you would ask questions and get an answer supposedly.

Name:  Let Me Touch Your Mind.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  17.2 KB