[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson- COLGATE Toothpaste Commercial LOL!

I have not seen this since it's run on television back around 1996:

Mary still does have the best smile of all the ladies - I wonder why they didn’t bother using her image. Missed opportunity - being serious here, not sarcastic.

I never knew she did this. Great voice for commercials!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I never knew she did this. Great voice for commercials!
    They played this daily for weeks in New York. Not long after this, Mary became the "Voice" of Manhattan. She was heard in every taxi in the city with the PSA to buckle up for safety.

I saw that spot only one time; Colgate didn't run it for very long, at least not in my local market. I remember thinking it appropriate that they used an African American female voice-over to go wih the music, but I didn't identify it as being Mary's until I read about it shortly thereafter. I waited and waited to see the spot again but it was never subsequently aired. Thanks for posting it; it's great to see it again!

Seeing this after all these years, made me remember the commercial Mary did for Tuscan Ice Cream back in the 80s. Thinking now, Mary Wilson has done television commercials [[with and without the Supremes) in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s. I'd love to find those PSA she, Cindy and Scherried did for the American Heart Assoc. and Diabetes where they sang, "You can live with it baby if you do what the man tells you to......"

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Seeing this after all these years, made me remember the commercial Mary did for Tuscan Ice Cream back in the 80s. Thinking now, Mary Wilson has done television commercials [[with and without the Supremes) in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s. I'd love to find those PSA she, Cindy and Scherried did for the American Heart Assoc. and Diabetes where they sang, "You can live with it baby if you do what the man tells you to......"
    Yes! That PSA is my earliest cognizant memory of any group of Supremes. I've been praying for it to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Yes! That PSA is my earliest cognizant memory of any group of Supremes. I've been praying for it to appear.
    It use to run from about late 1975 on up into 1976.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It use to run from about late 1975 on up into 1976.
    So I was in kindergarten! I remember so vividly being in awe of these three glamorous Black goddesses. The jingle has stayed with me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    So I was in kindergarten! I remember so vividly being in awe of these three glamorous Black goddesses. The jingle has stayed with me, too.
    That's how music works. It makes us remember times in our own individual lives.