[REMOVE ADS]

Aretha Franklin's Long Term Partner,Willie Wilkerson Dies from Coronavirus

It's getting sadder by the moment.......

https://www.showbiz411.com/2020/04/0...om-coronavirus

Oh no. Another death that didn't need to be. And our president calls any number of lives lost if less than 100K as a "win." Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Oh no. Another death that didn't need to be. And our president calls any number of lives lost if less than 100K as a "win." Unreal.
    He and Jared Kushner also sent 1 million of "OUR" masks to Israel while many Americans cannot get one!

it is a win when you think over 2 million people would have died if President Trump had not shut the country down. Thank you President Trump!

See what you've caused ?
    Why would you put your political bs on a thread that's posted to sadly share somebody's passing?
    There's a whole section of this site where you can openly have at it without blindsiding others with uninvited bs political comments.

Willie apparently got married after Aretha died... too bad we won't find the reason why Aretha decided not to marry him.

I wonder how Ted White is doing... it's taken all the older folks out [[and occasionally the younger people).

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    See what you've caused ?
    Why would you put your political bs on a thread that's posted to sadly share somebody's passing?
    There's a whole section of this site where you can openly have at it without blindsiding others with uninvited bs political comments.
    I don’t need your permission to say how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    it is a win when you think over 2 million people would have died if President Trump had not shut the country down. Thank you President Trump!
    He has not shut anything down. The governors have taken the lead on everything. You’re peddling nonsense.

He has not shut anything down. The governors have taken the lead on everything. You’re peddling nonsense.
    Kenneth, he just may be an "Honest Man" if you get my drift! Besides, most of the country knows the deal. Andrew Cuomo has shown more leadership during this terrible time than everyone at the WH combined! There's nothing to argue about. FACTS!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Kenneth, he just may be an "Honest Man" if you get my drift! Besides, most of the country knows the deal. Andrew Cuomo has shown more leadership during this terrible time than everyone at the WH combined! There's nothing to argue about. FACTS!
    I get you, Buddy! That’s funny.

Cuomo has been a portrait in great leadership.

I get you, Buddy! That’s funny.

Cuomo has been a portrait in great leadership.
    You know how these demons get banned and keep coming back. The thing that always tips me off is that they cannot change their foul attitudes, so a new name really means nothing. I would have voted for his dad Mario Cuomo, but he refused to run. I would vote for Andrew, but it looks like he has decided not to run for President now or in the future. Mario made it possible for me to land my first professional position in New York just before he left office.

You know how these demons get banned and keep coming back. The thing that always tips me off is that they cannot change their foul attitudes, so a new name really means nothing. I would have voted for his dad Mario Cuomo, but he refused to run. I would vote for Andrew, but it looks like he has decided not to run for President now or in the future. Mario made it possible for me to land my first professional position in New York just before he left office.
    I honestly don’t know that much about Andrew. I always assumed that Chris Cuomo was his son because he seems a lot younger than Andrew. I was surprised when I just learned the last week or so that they were really brothers.

The Governor presents information in an unemotional, pragmatic and very practical way. He makes you want to believe that we can get through this because he presents the facts without spin and unadorned. I know he’s had some controversies but I don’t know the background, was it to do with the stop and frisk policies?

The governors of Michigan, Ohio, and Washington have been exemplary as well. Just trying to protect their citizens.

I honestly don’t know that much about Andrew. I always assumed that Chris Cuomo was his son because he seems a lot younger than Andrew. I was surprised when I just learned the last week or so that they were really brothers.

The Governor presents information in an unemotional, pragmatic and very practical way. He makes you want to believe that we can get through this because he presents the facts without spin and unadorned. I know he’s had some controversies but I don’t know the background, was it to do with the stop and frisk policies?

The governors of Michigan, Ohio, and Washington have been exemplary as well. Just trying to protect their citizens.
    First of all, the Cuomos had nothing to do with the "Stop and Frisk" policy of the NYPD. That started under Rudolph Guilliani and was kicked into high gear during the Bloomberg years as mayor. I lived through it all. Chris is the younger brother. Andrew is in his almost mid-60s and Chris is at the tipping point of 50. They come from some very tough people. They are Sicilian. Their dad was from Queens. Their mother, I don't know much about. Governor Cuomo puts on a brave front, but I can tell that he was very worn down by all of this. He is playing nice with Trump in order to get what little Federal help he can. The governors of the States you mention have also been great, but you know what group has been absolutely fantastic? Each of the Prime Ministers of the 10 Provinces in Canada. I've watched them off and on for the last month and they are doing everything from all aspects of the impact of this crisis on their people. They've even lowered the electric rates because more people are home all day during this time. You could be arrested if you try to evict or foreclose on anyone during this time. They all come off very professional but also very caring. When I see our "team" they always looked unorganized and confused.

Mandatory Universal Health Care for all should become an amendment to the Constitution of The U.S.A.

I don't need the fully medicaly insured members of The Supreme Court of The U.S.A. tampering with my program of medical health care.

I wish I had a good lawyer to charge them all with disorderly conduct for disrupting my fragile mental status!

Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    Mandatory Universal Health Care for all should become an amendment to the Constitution of The U.S.A.

I don't need the fully medicaly insured members of The Supreme Court of The U.S.A. tampering with my program of medical health care.

I wish I had a good lawyer to charge them all with disorderly conduct for disrupting my fragile mental status!
    Well, some Americans have been dumbed down so much that they opposed it when Bernie Sanders brought the idea into the mainstream.

@Marv2, thanks for the information on the Cuomos. It's very interesting. I'm in awe of how well the governor is handling the crisis in NY.

Stay safe.

@Marv2, thanks for the information on the Cuomos. It's very interesting. I'm in awe of how well the governor is handling the crisis in NY.

Stay safe.
    You're most welcome Kenneth. I'm telling you, Andrew Cuomo is a strong MoFo! LOL!

You're most welcome Kenneth. I'm telling you, Andrew Cuomo is a strong MoFo! LOL!
    Yes, well Sicilians can't be trifled with!

Yes, well Sicilians can't be trifled with!
    I should know. I have two Sicilian surrogate families! LOL!

Stay safe.
    You are aware that NY has the most infected and the most deaths?

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    You are aware that NY has the most infected and the most deaths?
    Yes I know, more than any other country except our own. But I think Cuomo‘s leadership in the face of such tragedy has been without peer.

And Trump can't order a shutdown anyway. It would be against the Constitution. Rightfully so. The governors are handling it like they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post

I thank a lot of the Governors cause Trumps been a TOTAL DISASTER.Trump called COVID-19 a hoax on February 27th, said the numbers were substantially down on February 6th and claimed back in January that he had pretty much shut the virus down. On January 28, he shared an article from the unreliable One America News Network that suggested Johnson & Johnson was working on a vaccine. The article no longer exists, presumably because it was false. On February 24th he tweeted The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. He has done an appalling job because his inflated ego refuses to let him stand back, STFU, and let the experts handle this pandemic.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ti...d19-responses/

@Roberta75, isn't it amazing how Trump deflects all the blame and refuses to accept any responsibility for his administration's muddled, ham-handed response to the crisis? Circa's comment is interesting because it shows how Trump is able to convince his followers [[devotees is more like it) that everything would be much worse if not for him. This in spite of the fact that if we had been prepared like South Korea or some other countries were, if we had even moderately adequate testing available early on, the casualties would have been much fewer and we wouldn't be putting our most valuable resources, our people including our front line workers including first responders, grocery clerks and other low paid people performing essential functions, at great risk. A doctor or nurse accepts some kind of risk on a daily basis, doing their daily tasks for which they believe they have a calling. A grocery clerk, letter carrier, bus driver or fast food worker? They didn't sign up for such hazardous duty.

As often is the case, the cost of cleaning up a mess is much greater than the cost of preventative measures. This is where Trump's lack of foresight really becomes tragic.

@Roberta75, isn't it amazing how Trump deflects all the blame and refuses to accept any responsibility for his administration's muddled, ham-handed response to the crisis? Circa's comment is interesting because it shows how Trump is able to convince his followers [[devotees is more like it) that everything would be much worse if not for him. This in spite of the fact that if we had been prepared like South Korea or some other countries were, if we had even moderately adequate testing available early on, the casualties would have been much fewer and we wouldn't be putting our most valuable resources, our people including our front line workers including first responders, grocery clerks and other low paid people performing essential functions, at great risk. A doctor or nurse accepts some kind of risk on a daily basis, doing their daily tasks for which they believe they have a calling. A grocery clerk, letter carrier, bus driver or fast food worker? They didn't sign up for such hazardous duty.

As often is the case, the cost of cleaning up a mess is much greater than the cost of preventative measures. This is where Trump's lack of foresight really becomes tragic.
    Kenneth I think the man is devoid of feelings. He refuses to bail out the post office which is disgusting IMO. Hes not capable of showing empathy and hes petty and vindictive and childish. I cant even watch his press conferences and you can tell Dr Fauci is real embarressed to be standing next to him. Mike Pence calls himself a Christian and stands next to that lying POS every day and looks lovingly at Trump like a 1960s housewife when he knows good and well that President Pussy Grabber is LYING.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Kenneth I think the man is devoid of feelings. He refuses to bail out the post office which is disgusting IMO. Hes not capable of showing empathy and hes petty and vindictive and childish. I cant even watch his press conferences and you can tell Dr Fauci is real embarressed to be standing next to him. Mike Pence calls himself a Christian and stands next to that lying POS every day and looks lovingly at Trump like a 1960s housewife when he knows good and well that President Pussy Grabber is LYING.
    Roberta, you are hilarious! Yes, Pence has that "Nancy Reagan adoration" in his eyes whenever he gazes at the boss!

Trump refuses to bail out the post offices yet Wall Street awakes every day with a bail out from The Fed.Mail in votes won't be counted because they won't be delivered. To anyone who has not voted, take your conversation elsewhere.