[REMOVE ADS]

Gino Parks and Barrett Strong - Tell All Your Friends

Posted this elsewhere but truly it belongs on this forum. I've been enjoying this track more and more recently and it appears on the Barrett Strong Complete Motown Collection CD.

DFTMC lists it as a duet - Gino Parks and Barrett Strong so it's a rarity and one of 10 unreleased tracks on that Barrett Strong CD.

Name:  42867685452_354377dc86_o.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  98.0 KB

Here's the song ....

For good measure, here's the version by Freddie Gorman.

Oh they sound great! Thank you mysterysinger. I have never heard this song before.

It has a really nice, mellow vibe. I have the Barrett Strong CD but never realized that song was actually a duet. I've always liked anything I've heard that Gino Parks recorded. I wonder if there's still stuff by him in the Motown vaults.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    It has a really nice, mellow vibe. I have the Barrett Strong CD but never realized that song was actually a duet. I've always liked anything I've heard that Gino Parks recorded. I wonder if there's still stuff by him in the Motown vaults.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  21.1 KB
    Well, it is essentially a Barrett Strong song, because he sings lead, and Gino sings an echoing part, just slightly behind Barrett in time. Not bad at all. Gino used to sing a LOT of duets with Andre Williams, especially when they were with Fortune Records, and a few while with Motown too. I think Gino was probably the most prominent in those duets, as he could actually sing, whereas Andre was a good songwriter, but wasn't a good singer at all. He was so bad, that he had his songs "sweetened" by a Blues singer!!!

I like that Freddy Gorman song, as well. I've always liked his singing, and thought he was really under appreciated. He was a great guy, too. I was glad I had the chance to work with him, and that we recorded him at Airwave.