[REMOVE ADS]

thatanyway Guest

Love you, Detroit <3

https://www.facebook.com/christophek...DI1NzE1NTY5OQ/

This one made me cry earlier today. Revisited the clip just now.
    Hang in there, Detroit, stay strong. Love that place SO MUCH.

That was pretty profound. I knew every street and almost every building they showed in that video. Detroit is RAM TOUGH! Sometimes I believe they are tougher, stronger than New Yorkers and in a lot of ways they are. Detroit will pull through this with some casualties, but it will continue to grow and progress.
    Last edited by marv2; 04-09-2020 at 05:31 PM.

thatanyway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That was pretty profound. I knew every street and almost every building they should in that video. Detroit is RAM TOUGH! Sometimes I believe they are tougher, stronger than New Yorkers and in a lot of ways they are. Detroit will pull through this with some casualties, but it will continue to grow and progress.

<3

[[Oh, Detroiters are tougher than New Yorkers and it's another kind of tough : ) )

[QUOTE=marv2;570621]That was pretty profound. I knew every street and almost every building they should in that video. Detroit is RAM TOUGH! Sometimes I believe they are tougher, stronger than New Yorkers and in a lot of ways they are. Detroit will pull through this with some casualties, but it will continue to grow and progress.[/QUO

Marv: Detroit looks pretty good these days! I saw open air type pubs in the Corktown area when was in town last Fall. Definitely the Renaissance City. a few years ago I ran into Martha in the Renn Cen and she said fasten your seat-belts Detroit is ready to go.......................

[QUOTE=detmotownguy;570797]
    That was pretty profound. I knew every street and almost every building they should in that video. Detroit is RAM TOUGH! Sometimes I believe they are tougher, stronger than New Yorkers and in a lot of ways they are. Detroit will pull through this with some casualties, but it will continue to grow and progress.[/QUO

Marv: Detroit looks pretty good these days! I saw open air type pubs in the Corktown area when was in town last Fall. Definitely the Renaissance City. a few years ago I ran into Martha in the Renn Cen and she said fasten your seat-belts Detroit is ready to go.......................
    That is great. Haven't you noticed how Detroit's rebirth is not getting the national media coverage or even on Youtube that "the ruins of Detroit" got? Makes you wonder huh?

Quote Originally Posted by thatanyway View Post
    <3

[[Oh, Detroiters are tougher than New Yorkers and it's another kind of tough : ) )
    Just don't say that in New York........you'll get killed! LOL!!!!

[QUOTE=marv2;570804]
    Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    That is great. Haven't you noticed how Detroit's rebirth is not getting the national media coverage or even on Youtube that "the ruins of Detroit" got? Makes you wonder huh?
    Yes interesting point. I have heard more from people who have visited Detroit than the media. A few years there seemed to be more conversation such as community gardens, new residential real estate and building renovations/restoration. What they really need to do is get the kids interested in school like Marva Collins did in Chicago with her own money. Both Regan and Bush wanted to nominate Collins to the position of Secretary of Education. Prince donated a large sum of money, I bel $500,000 to the Teacher Training Institute. She taught students for $5,000 per student compared to $10,000 from the public school system lol! Sorry for the rant! Come Detroit you can do it.

[[FONT=arial narrow][SIZE=4]QUOTE=marv2;570804]

Yes interesting point. I have heard more from people who have visited Detroit than the media. A few years there seemed to be more conversation such as community gardens, new residential real estate and building renovations/restoration. What they really need to do is get the kids interested in school like Marva Collins did in Chicago with her own money. Both Regan and Bush wanted to nominate Collins to the position of Secretary of Education. Prince donated a large sum of money, I bel $500,000 to the Teacher Training Institute. She taught students for $5,000 per student compared to $10,000 from the public school system lol! Sorry for the rant! Come Detroit you can do it.

First they would have to get rid of the "Anti- Marva Collins"......Betsy DeVoss!

lol! And then we had books and computers stashed not being used. WTF.

lol! And then we had books and computers stashed not being used. WTF.
    Exactly! That combined with the lead found in most of the city's public schools drinking water and you have one huge mess!

thatanyway Guest
    Just don't say that in New York........you'll get killed! LOL!!!!

I said it in New York........ The reply was ''You want to move to the wasteland?"

Yep, if I was to live anywhere in the US it would be in the ''wasteland''.

thatanyway Guest
    Detroit went through the drugs and the job losses and the water scandals and the everything... and Detroit is still HERE and still real and still going <3 When Detroit says they got something you believe it, and AT THIS POINT the entire world could actually ask Detroit for advice on how to get through difficult stuff.

Adding that what's going on now is a difficult blow to everybody and 'you' regret that a city that went through so much gets this blow too now things have been going up and up for some years, and that is a reason why I keep my fingers crossed extra much for Detroit.
    But in these times when people are worried about the definite big brother take over of society, that these quarenteens are a lead-in to a new era in that regard, 'you' also know that Detroit would kick something like that off its back ; ) So, there are many layers to this.
    Last edited by thatanyway; 04-10-2020 at 03:07 AM.

Detroit went through the drugs and the job losses and the water scandals and the everything... and Detroit is still HERE and still real and still going <3 When Detroit says they got something you believe it, and AT THIS POINT the entire world could actually ask Detroit for advice on how to get through difficult stuff.

Adding that what's going on now is a difficult blow to everybody and 'you' regret that a city that went through so much gets this blow too now things have been going up and up for some years, and that is a reason why I keep my fingers crossed extra much for Detroit.
    But in these times when people are worried about the definite big brother take over of society, that these quarenteens are a lead-in to a new era in that regard, 'you' also know that Detroit would kick something like that off its back ; ) So, there are many layers to this.
    Wise posting esp. the last paragraph.

Yeah well, you left out one big thing that Detroit went through that most would know that were around then. Detroit went through it's "Murder City, U.S.A. period in the 70s where in some years the annual murder tally would be between 700-800 people!
    Last edited by marv2; 04-10-2020 at 05:31 PM.

thatanyway Guest
    Yeah well you left out one big thing that Detroit went through that know that was around then would forget. Detroit went it's "Murder City, U.S.A.) period in the 70s where in some years the annual murder tally would be between 700-800 people!
    There is a lot that could be said about a lot, and then a lot that could be said but really can't be. I can't pretend to know the full story of Detroit... However. I have been given a lot of the history. There has been an array of people from Detroit in my life, and I will just give you a mention of an example. I used to know a guy who is a former Black Panther, musician, former dealer, former this and that from Detroit. Born 1950. I knew him for a few years and he's been here where I am and loved it where I am a lot too. At the time I worked as an English teacher, and he even came with me to the school I worked in and gave the students there [[English senior high students) lectures about the history of Detroit. So that's one.

thatanyway Guest

<3