[REMOVE ADS]

Powerful scene from the clark sisters lifetime movie

Airing this Saturday, April 11 at 8 pm, The Clark Sisters: First Ladies of Gospel. Thankfully Twinkie Clark was able to regain her catalog and residuals from the years that it was not owned by her. Her compositions have been either re-recorded or sampled by Shirley Murdock, Aaliyah, Mary J Blige, Missy Elliott, Jay-Z, Rev. James Cleveland and many others.

Twinkie learned a valuable lesson from this. I think the royalty disputes were a reason why there was a lull in albums between "Sincerely" in 1982 to "Heart & Soul" in 1986. There was a LOT of drama between the Sisters in that four-year period too, of course with Denise Clark's controversial exit [[I actually think Denise has mental issues after reading what her son Larry said about her).

I watched the telecast last night and it was very well done, IMO. I always enjoyed their performances but only knew the basics of their story. I went to sleep with their music playing in my head and woke up racing to my dvd stack to re-watch their UNSUNG episode.

I knew the movie was gonna be dramatic but not THAT dramatic. Everyone was excellent in their roles! They truly made the Clark Sisters proud, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I knew the movie was gonna be dramatic but not THAT dramatic. Everyone was excellent in their roles! They truly made the Clark Sisters proud, I think.
    That answers my question from the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Yes, I was quite surprised at how transparent the movie was. This is the first biopic on a gospel artist since both the Mahalia Jackson and James Cleveland ones never seen the light of day.
    Everyone from Anita Baker, Jamie Foxx, Snoop Dogg, Rickey Smiley and so many others were tweeting about it. I'm glad that it was done right.

Thankfully Twinkie was able to regain her royalties back. Armand Boladian and his partner Rezza took advantage of a lot of gospel artists back then and even George Clinton who was on his Westbound label. He recently won a huge lawsuit against them for some old contract disputes.