[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    John

Don't Rick's football shows get pretty boisterous sometimes? It might be a good idea to hike up the volume on the CD to MAX and do a week's washing at the same time!!

LOL

Ramone

That's cos I'm old and you're not!

*smile*

Ramone Verona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Ramone

That's cos I'm old and you're not!

*smile*
    I'm sorry.
    I can't hear what you just wrote.
    I get cold and hot, too.

Are you inside John's washer?

LOLOLOLOL

jonjeb
    heres what you do.before you go out put the washing machine on.when you come back get the music on and hang out the washing.
    sit down get yer feet up,coffee,phone unplugged etc. job done!

my wireless headphones broke,i fixed it back together with wire!i got the only wired wireless head cans goin'.

Has anyone who's ordered this CD via Amazon.com [[US) gotten any further notification about the availability of this CD? On the release date [[June 7, 2011), I received notification from Amazon that they were "still trying to obtain" CD. Not sure how they can allow something to be pre-ordered and then not have enough in stock to fulfill their pre-orders when other online retailers have sold and shipped it, but whatever. Apparently, if Amazon.com can't locate a supply of the CD by July 7, 2011, they will automatically cancel my order. Is this a problem with Kent? Is this CD selling like crazy--more than anyone ever anticipated? Just wondering if anyone here knows from the Kent side of things. Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    Has anyone who's ordered this CD via Amazon.com [[US) gotten any further notification about the availability of this CD? On the release date [[June 7, 2011), I received notification from Amazon that they were "still trying to obtain" CD. Not sure how they can allow something to be pre-ordered and then not have enough in stock to fulfill their pre-orders when other online retailers have sold and shipped it, but whatever. Apparently, if Amazon.com can't locate a supply of the CD by July 7, 2011, they will automatically cancel my order. Is this a problem with Kent? Is this CD selling like crazy--more than anyone ever anticipated? Just wondering if anyone here knows from the Kent side of things. Thanks everyone.
    I noticed a problem with Amazon.com too. I had pre-ordered back in May and Amazon never got its shipment. I checked a few days ago and the same message was posted: "Temporarily out of stock." I'm not sure what the problem is, but I ended up cancelling my order and ordering it from another seller. BlowItOutOfhere has it for under $13.00 today. You might try getting it through them. Blowit... has a website and can also be
    reached through Amazon.com.
    Last edited by Motown_M_1056; 06-17-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Thanks much for the info and suggestion, M_1056. I just checked blowitoutahere.com and while they have the CD for $12.94 at the moment, it is also showed as "Backorder." I guess this must really be an issue with Kent supplying the US market? [[Which still strikes me as odd since I just got my Kent Monitors CD the other day without issue.) Very frustrating and confusing!

i received the same message from amazon. but mine gave me a link to click if i did not want the order to cancel in july and for amazon to send the release when they had it in stock. i'm in no hurry but was, of course, disappointed. i will just wait this out as amazon has free shipping for me and i'm still enjoying the FINAL SESSIONS.

HMV in Oxford Street, London, still hadn't had received it on Thursday, but were expecting delivery any day. I was able to buy it from a small record shop a few streets away. My favorite of the tracks I hadn't heard before was "Tall Boy".

Still no sign of the Monitors though.

just received a message from amazon that they will have this CD in stock on June 28th. this is going to be a summer of great music!!

Chestersong, I should've looked at my e-mail last night, too! I got an e-mail around 7:32PM last night that said the new delivery estimate would be June 28 - June 29. Ten days waiting... I've waited longer for other Motown stuff, I suppose I can get through ten more days! Like you said, "this is going to be a summer of great music!!"

RossHolloway Guest
    I originally pre-ordered mine thru Amazon, but ended up cancelling my order because it was not in stock. I re-ordered it from another supplier and it took over a week for them to actually ship it [[Thursday) so my fingers are crossed that it will get to me next week. Really excited about this release! Hope it sells out!

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    I originally pre-ordered mine thru Amazon, but ended up cancelling my order because it was not in stock. I re-ordered it from another supplier and it took over a week for them to actually ship it [[Thursday) so my fingers are crossed that it will get to me next week. Really excited about this release! Hope it sells out!
    Ii think it is selling out or Kent did not anticipate there would be as much interest or demand for this set as it now shows. I've still not gotten my copy yet, which I assume is being ordered by my retailer. I know they are stalling, waiting to get more copies.

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Motown_M_1056 View Post
    Ii think it is selling out or Kent did not anticipate there would be as much interest or demand for this set as it now shows. I've still not gotten my copy yet, which I assume is being ordered by my retailer. I know they are stalling, waiting to get more copies.
    I finally got my copy yesterday!!!!

Hey M_1056--I just happened to look at Amazon.com US this morning and they now show availability as "Usually ships within 7 to 8 weeks"! I hope they will still ship mine [[and anyone else who pre-ordered it from them) by next week as promised! I think you're right that it must be selling much more than Kent anticipated so retailers are giving the longest possible lag time so Kent can perhaps manufacture more. If this is all the case, I'm really happy that it's selling so well. At the same time, I just want my freakin' CD! ;-)

Ramone Verona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    I finally got my copy yesterday!!!!
    Did you receive this from Amazon U.S.?

Maybe I have a chance today?!

RossHolloway Guest
    It was thru a merchant on Amazon, but not directly from Amazon.

Ramone Verona Guest
    Now look what you've done.
    You've ruined my whole day!

I see Dusty Groove still has some copies of this CD, although they are out of stock on the Monitors.

Both CDs are worth getting. I'll give the edge to The Monitors since it is all Motown. Patrice is a great Girl Groups genre collection - a must have for fans/collectors of this genre. Of course the booklets and essays are top notch from Ace/Kent.

When I ordered from Dusty Groove early in June I received my order of 4 CDs in 5 Days. I was pleasantly surprised.

I now have everything that I have ordered over the past six weeks.

I will be moving July 15 - my next purchase is a washing machine and dryer!

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    I see Dusty Groove still has some copies of this CD, although they are out of stock on the Monitors.

Both CDs are worth getting. I'll give the edge to The Monitors since it is all Motown. Patrice is a great Girl Groups genre collection - a must have for fans/collectors of this genre. Of course the booklets and essays are top notch from Ace/Kent.

When I ordered from Dusty Groove early in June I received my order of 4 CDs in 5 Days. I was pleasantly surprised.

I now have everything that I have ordered over the past six weeks.

I will be moving July 15 - my next purchase is a washing machine and dryer!

......and a man who can operate them. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Motown_M_1056 View Post

I thought this release was interesting. The liner notes were very well researched and written. I did notice one error in a photo caption that misidentified Venetta Fields as Vermettya Royster. I liked Patrice Holloway's Motown recordings best and believe had she remained with the label and were allowed to develop, things might have been different for her.

Ramone Verona Guest
    Received my copy today!
    Am vastly enjoying the set as I type!
    Very sad she didn't live to see this album honoring her

Josie and The Pussycats

Now that I have the Patrice Holloway anthology, I really want to locate the tracks to "Josie & The Pussycats." I know they were issued in a very limited number by Rhino Handmade a few years back, but that CD, "Stop, Look, and Listen: The Capitol Recordings," is very hard and expensive to come by. Is there any chance that Kent would follow Patrice's anthology with a re-issue of the JOSIE tracks? Man, I want to hear those! I was always a big Cheryl Ladd fan as well, so I doubly want the tracks.

"Love And Desire" is finally on sale at HMV, Oxford street for £15.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercarter2u View Post
    Now that I have the Patrice Holloway anthology, I really want to locate the tracks to "Josie & The Pussycats." I know they were issued in a very limited number by Rhino Handmade a few years back, but that CD, "Stop, Look, and Listen: The Capitol Recordings," is very hard and expensive to come by. Is there any chance that Kent would follow Patrice's anthology with a re-issue of the JOSIE tracks? Man, I want to hear those! I was always a big Cheryl Ladd fan as well, so I doubly want the tracks.
    I've seen it several times at Amoeba Records in Los Angeles for $50. Still expensive but not nearly as high as some I've seen on Amazon. Amoeba might have it listed in their online inventory as they do many of their rare LPs and CDs. I've heard "Josie" and Patrice's vocals on "I'll Be There" and "Close to You" are really stunning.

I was listening to music on iTunes this morning and what came up in my playlist but Brenda Holloway and Jess Harris' "Gonna Make You Mine" [[this, of course, being from the ACE set, 'The Early Years: Rare Recordings 1962-1963.' For some reason, the intro sounded awfully familiar so I stopped it and pulled up Patrice Holloway's "[[He Is) The Boy Of My Dreams" [[VIP #25001B) and discovered it is the exact same music track. With Motown, of course, this isn't a huge surprise [[nor is it with the L.A. Office being involved), but I thought the Brenda & Jess track [[though recorded around 1963) is supposed to have preceded her Motown contract, but the Patrice version was recorded the same year and released on Motown's VIP in December 1963. The big "hmmm..." comes from the fact that "Gonna Make You Mine" was credited as being written by 'Frank Robinson' and "[[He Is) The Boy Of My Dreams" is credited as being written by Frank Wilson and Hal Davis. I wonder where exactly the truth in songwriters lies? Is Frank Wilson the common denominator, using a pseudonym for the former track and his real name for the latter [[with new lyrical help by Hal Davis)? Or could it be that the ACE set notated it incorrectly and it was Frank Wilson all along? Some things to ponder on a Sunday morning in California--or wherever you are...

Ramone Verona Guest
    Lots of "Patrice" on youtube!

Cheryl Ladd on lead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYZ4t5xQ8TU

Patrice on lead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXufR...eature=related

Josie and Pussycats

I have had a hard time locating the Josie tracks. If any of you have the Capitol / Rhino Handmade set and would be willing to share the tracks, let me know. I would love to hear the entire collection. I really enoy "Love and Desire." It is a shame that an artist of Patrice's caliber never had a chart hit. She definitely had the pipes and talent.

Ramone Verona Guest
    I don't know if it was Hanna-Barbera or Capitol, but the Josie album [[with the artists pictures on the cover: Cathy-Cheryl-Patrice) did so well that the girls were sent out on the road one summer.
    I would love to know more about that "tour".
    I believe in addition to the girls, The Banana-Splits and another "cartoon" group was a part of the show.
    Seems like it all took place in California.
    Someone here will remember those times and that particular summer from their childhood or getting their kids tickets!

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  21.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    I was listening to music on iTunes this morning and what came up in my playlist but Brenda Holloway and Jess Harris' "Gonna Make You Mine" [[this, of course, being from the ACE set, 'The Early Years: Rare Recordings 1962-1963.' For some reason, the intro sounded awfully familiar so I stopped it and pulled up Patrice Holloway's "[[He Is) The Boy Of My Dreams" [[VIP #25001B) and discovered it is the exact same music track. With Motown, of course, this isn't a huge surprise [[nor is it with the L.A. Office being involved), but I thought the Brenda & Jess track [[though recorded around 1963) is supposed to have preceded her Motown contract, but the Patrice version was recorded the same year and released on Motown's VIP in December 1963. The big "hmmm..." comes from the fact that "Gonna Make You Mine" was credited as being written by 'Frank Robinson' and "[[He Is) The Boy Of My Dreams" is credited as being written by Frank Wilson and Hal Davis. I wonder where exactly the truth in songwriters lies? Is Frank Wilson the common denominator, using a pseudonym for the former track and his real name for the latter [[with new lyrical help by Hal Davis)? Or could it be that the ACE set notated it incorrectly and it was Frank Wilson all along? Some things to ponder on a Sunday morning in California--or wherever you are...
    I think that F. Robinson was another pseudonym for Frank Wilson. The writer of Eddie [[Frank) Wilson's "Toast To The Lady" [[published by Jobete Music) on Tollie 9033 was listed as F. Robinson. I don't understand why he needed TWO pseudonyms for his singing career [[Sonny Daye AND Eddie Wilson). And I don't know why he then needed to use YET ANOTHER pseudonym for some of his written songs. On the Tollie record, one side listed Frank Wilson as writer, and the other side, F. Robinson. I'd like to know the whole story of all these weird happenings.

I'd guess that Frank Wilson wrote the song and took it to musical director, Hal Davis, who helped whip the song into shape.

could it be that he was contracted to another outfit so had to "cover his tracks" literally

i have been enjoying this selection, as well. i do wish the liner notes/booklet had had an interview with Patrice from more recent times but perhaps she was not well to do so. it would have been fun to read some thoughts on her Josie days and the re-newed interest in vaulted Motown recordings.

I just went to Amazon to order a copy, and it's now listed as out of print from Amazon, but it's available from various Amazon Marketplace sellers for under $15.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  21.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by tamla617 View Post
    could it be that he was contracted to another outfit so had to "cover his tracks" literally
    Frank Wilson was contracted to Jobete Music [[as a songwriter/producer in their new L.A. office). He also worked for Hal Davis' Finesse Music, for every song he and Marc Gordon and Hal Davis and Willie Hutch[[ison) and Vince Love and Chester and Gary Pipkin wrote that wouldn't be bought by Jobete. But, certainly Hal Davis and his crew wouldn't have to make sure they didn't cheat on THEMSELVES! Those name changes were used on Jobete songs, when other Jobete songs that were written at the same time and used his real name, or were released on the same 45 with one side credited to Frank Wilson and one to F. Robinson. I don't get it.

I don't think he got dressed up a disguise, pretending to be someone else, and then signed ANOTHER contract with Jobete Music as Frank Robinson, to hide income from his wife. Had the F. Robinson songs been published by a different publisher, your theory would make some sense.

I haven't seen any evidence for Frank Wilson having worked also for a 3rd publisher at that same time. Why would he risk angering Motown, when he already had a-NON-Motown outlet for his own independent productions? I haven't seen any L.A. independent productions on independent [[or any non-Motown labels) with Frank Wilson's name as a writer OR F. Robinson OR Frank Robinson). All his writing from 1963-64 was published by Jobete or Finesse, and ALL the F. Robinsons were published by Jobete Music.
    Last edited by robb_k; 08-02-2011 at 06:25 PM.

i was just guessing really,because i dont understand the reason for all the name changes