[REMOVE ADS]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Okay, I realize this does not count as Motown memorabilia, per se, but I had to post it anyway!

I think it was an earlier thread some folks were discussing the "101 Strings Perform Supremes" album. I have that one also, but I think this one is a rare one as it was produced several years later, in the waning years of the "elevator music" genre.

I think we tend to laugh these items off as sheer exploitation, which they likely were. But don't think these producers were dummies. Notice how they found a model who resembled [[somewhat) Gladys Knight for the cover. In addition, the "101 Strings" which was never actually a working orchestra, always loaded their albums with originals, much like Berry Gordy included as many Motown published songs on Motown albums. But this album seems to take the prize in that regard. There's only three Stevie Wonder songs, and only two Gladys Knight songs. In addition we have those immortal well known hits such as "King of the Day," "Little Miss Sassie" [[!), "Hooked on You," "Baby Let's Smooth it Over," and "It's So Exciting."

These folks were mercenaries!

Attachment 17198
    Sometimes albums like this is where you find unexpected gold. I never paid attention to these budget albums and elevator music LPs, but somehow, recently I got into collecting albums from a record company called Crown Records, in particular, the Tijuana Brass knock off group, The Mexicali Brass. Like you wrote about 101 Strings, The Mexicali Brass was just a studio band that churned out album after album. I'm finding that while I was never really a bit Herb Alpert & TJB fan, I do like these knock offs a lot because they're fun to listen to.

There is a tune on one of the albums, a cover of "I Can't Stop Loving You", that sounds like someone was paying critical attention to what Motown was doing circa 1965. The arrangement sounds very much like an HDH production with a mad, Earl Van Dyke-like pounding piano figure being doubled by a marimba. The drummer is just pounding the heck out of his drum, a furious 4/4 beat and the kick drum is working overtime, similar to the drum work on the Four Tops' "Something About You." So you got a Motown beat layered over with Mariachi band-styled brass. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it is. I'll have to pick up some of these 101 Strings albums sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by benross View Post
    Sophisticated Soul and Waiting Watching...the fact that Where Did Our Love Go was played for the astronauts, supposedly at the astronauts' request, was reported more than might be expected. It was a big deal. I read about it in either Time or Newsweek, the leading news magazines of the day, while sitting on my parents' porch in the sunshine. This was long before the group had a "household name," and the writer identified them as [[paraphrasing) "The Supremes, apparently three young girls from Detroit..."
    Wow, that's really nice to know. See, this is the kind of perspective you don't get very often, even from the books on Motown. That says a lot that this was going down even before, as you said, the Supremes were a household name. I could never figure out why few at Motown seemed to see how good a song "Where Did Our Love Go" was when it was recorded. But I guess sometimes you can be too close to something to see its value. Apparently, those astronauts knew a good thing when they heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by grapevine View Post
    Yes Waiting ...it wouldn't be ...The Complete Motown Singles ...unless it was ...COMPLETE...!! ...IMHO...!

Grape
    I have been ZINGED! I love it!!!!! [[cuz it's true!)

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    Attachment 17204

I hope this works....it should show me and a friend in Studio A at Hitsville
    NICE! Nice pictures and you and your friend actually made it in. I was there once when we were visiting relatives but they were closed! Still, it felt special just being on the front porch, like we had made a pilgrimage of some sort. I love your sanctuary too!

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    NICE! Nice pictures and you and your friend actually made it in. I was there once when we were visiting relatives but they were closed! Still, it felt special just being on the front porch, like we had made a pilgrimage of some sort. I love your sanctuary too!
    We were lucky insofar as we had access to the studio. We could sit amongst the musical apparatus without any restrictions I believe today's visitors are kept away from the studio A floor area. Our original plan was to meet Martha Reeves for a tour, but she had to attend the funeral of one of Mary Wilson's relatives [[ can't recall details). We eventually did meet her but not on a Hitsville visit.

Name:  IMG_20180122_0003_0003 [[3).jpg
Views: 1203
Size:  93.0 KBName:  IMG_20180122_0004_0003 [[2).jpg
Views: 1169
Size:  100.3 KBName:  IMG_20180122_0004_0003 [[3).jpg
Views: 1158
Size:  114.7 KB

Who knew things like this existed? That's what Ebay is for! 3 FULL HOURS of MUSICAL ARTISTRY IN STEREO. Imagine an airline playing such a sophisticated and soothing program of music. I guess there are quite a few of these reels that were distributed to United Airlines [[maybe other airlines had a similar musical program?) I'd really like to know how these were planned and how Motown was involved. Did someone in marketing at Motown approach the producers of this series thinking it would be an avenue to gain exposure for the artists as well as these MOR albums? Pretty savvy if that's the case. Nice to see selections from "The Supremes We Remember Sam Cooke" album were included here amongst the standards and show tunes. I was hoping the last photo would come out a bit larger, but I highlighted all the Motown songs on the reel-to-reel as well as the albums the songs were taken from.
    Last edited by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance; 04-14-2020 at 03:40 AM.

We were lucky insofar as we had access to the studio. We could sit amongst the musical apparatus without any restrictions I believe today's visitors are kept away from the studio A floor area. Our original plan was to meet Martha Reeves for a tour, but she had to attend the funeral of one of Mary Wilson's relatives [[ can't recall details). We eventually did meet her but not on a Hitsville visit.
    Now that is wonderful that you know Martha Reeves [[!) and that you were able to gain that access to the studio. To me, those sorts of experiences make for such a fun and wonderful life.

Attachment 17217Attachment 17218Attachment 17219Attachment 17220

So these are probably not all that rare...except in the States. Most of these I got from ebay UK. Never paid attention to EPs and picture sleeves until I started noticing how many of them have some terrific photos on them. So here are a few of my favorites that I've collected.

Hi Waiting.
    My friend had met MR on a UK tour. She gave him a business card, and told him to contact her should he ever visit Detroit.
    Anyway, we did get the opportunity to visit Detroit for a 3[[4)??? Day tour.
    We contacted MR immediately on arrival but she informed us that the funeral of MW [[son/daughter??) Was taking place in LA.
    Two days later she returned and sent her personal driver to pick us up and join her on her regular night at a club, where she coached/trained local youngsters with a view to preparing them for a talent show days later.
    We ended up singing on stage [[ Temptations medley !!) For the " audience" of kids.
    Martha was hoping to take us to Hitsville the following day but got sidetracked for a radio interview, so we had to go alone.
    We visited each day, and I think by day 3, the staff left us to roam on our own..trusted us I guess.

Hi Waiting.
    My friend had met MR on a UK tour. She gave him a business card, and told him to contact her should he ever visit Detroit.
    Anyway, we did get the opportunity to visit Detroit for a 3[[4)??? Day tour.
    We contacted MR immediately on arrival but she informed us that the funeral of MW [[son/daughter??) Was taking place in LA.
    Two days later she returned and sent her personal driver to pick us up and join her on her regular night at a club, where she coached/trained local youngsters with a view to preparing them for a talent show days later.
    We ended up singing on stage [[ Temptations medley !!) For the " audience" of kids.
    Martha was hoping to take us to Hitsville the following day but got sidetracked for a radio interview, so we had to go alone.
    We visited each day, and I think by day 3, the staff left us to roam on our own..trusted us I guess.
    Man, that is THE BEST. I always read how Martha Reeves is such a nice person, and your experience is yet one confirmation. I love that, "give me a call when you're in town" thing...and she MEANT it. Love reading that. Sounds goofy, but for a few minutes I kinda felt like I was there too!

I can tell you that en route to the club, Martha had the driver take us in a drive- through burger fast food shop. We sat in her limo with her eating a burger, trying to talk Motown....I think the burger won the contest.
    We sat with her whilst she and her young musical arranger worked on the young kids.
    I got the impression that she was "working", and didn' t really want to be "interviewed" by us..fair enough.
    So, initially , she was a bit distant.
    We bought her a few drinks and left her to get on with her work.
    By the end of the night, she insisted we get on stage and perform...highly embarrassing I can tell you.
    Her musical arranged tried us with a Temptation song..probably My Girl, then another and another...until he realized we knew our stuff.
    Eventually all the young audience joined us on stage for a Motown sing song.....AND then Martha joined us on stage.....which hours earlier she was NOT in the mood for.
    We were joined by all in the club, asking us about our UK scene, love of Motown etc...[[ we had sweat shirts with Earl Van Dyke' album covet on them!!!!)....we were celebrities for 5 minutes.
    A magical evening.

Name:  barney.jpg
Views: 1198
Size:  97.4 KB

That’s a great story Snakepit!
    For our honeymoon in 1994 we visited Hitsville from the Netherlands. Since it had to be a surprise for my wife-to-be, I arranged everything with the Motown Museum. Our visit coincided with a fundraiser at the Roostertail. We were introduced to Esther Gordy Edwards, hauled onstage and sung to by the Contours!
    Then we met Barney Ales and I told him a story that I remembered that when he was with Esther and Berry in the Netherlands mid-sixties to make a deal with the Dutch company Bovema, they were invited to an Indonesian restaurant and he put a lot of Sambal-sauce on his food. This is very spicy and flames came out of his ears. Barney laughed and said he never had thought about that incident, but now remembered it. Like Martha Reeves did with you Snakepit, he gave me his business card and said to call when we were back in Detroit again. The year after we returned, give him a call and visited him. Of course I had brought a bottle of the spicy Sambal-sauce with me for him!
    He had a look a the list of vinyl records we were trying to find in and around Detroit. When he saw ‘Do I love you [[indeed I do)’ by Frank Wilson he mentioned that he had had a stack of those in his garage and that his wife Mitzi gave them away at a garage sale. How about that?
    He said, if you’re that interested in Motown, visit Jim Hendin who has his shop nearby. [[Jim Hendin was one of the photographers that Motown used. He made the sleeve picture of Marvin Gaye’s What’s going on album). So he just called him and said: two Dutch friends of mine will drop by, show them what you have. So we did and he showed us all these pictures, also the ones that were never used. Long story, but lots of good memories. And basically, all the people we met at Motown were so friendly and could not believe that people in Europe [[outside the UK) had ever heard of them. So many stories.

Good stuff Marc.
    I'd would have liked to meet Motown royalty like Mrs. Edwards , but alas , we didn't. Perhaps she was at the Funeral too.
    Lamont Dozier's first wife was at Hitsville...I have a photo of me and her.
    I had a few artist's telephone numbers supplied by a friend. As a result, I spoke to Frances Nero on the phone, and spoke to Pat Lewis as well. Martha had recommended a club to us...Bomacks...and I invited Pat to meet us on our second visit there.
    Pat came down to join us, and she ended up in the possession of my Golden World T shirt.
    The next night, Pat had left a message on the hotel phone. She wanted to know if we were interested in going to George Clinton's birthday party! Sadly it was the night we had arranged to meet Martha so could not attend.

I've just checked George Clinton details..it wasn't a birthday party, perhaps just a passing through Detroit thing.

Here is a post Diana era Supremes account check from the Woodward address:

Name:  Sups Check.jpg
Views: 1119
Size:  59.9 KB

A Motown Corporation "Thank You" card, interestingly made by Jostens....yes, the same company that probably made your high school graduation invitations, lol.

Name:  Motown TY.jpg
Views: 1118
Size:  77.1 KB

A larger cardboard display poster for the "Rock Gospel The Key To The Kingdom" LP M743L, obviously in the shape of a cross.

Name:  Rock Gospel.jpg
Views: 1085
Size:  39.3 KB

And a smaller strip poster promoting the cheapie "drilled and bagged" 45's for .15 cents a record. What a bargain! Most of the time they were 3 for $1.

Name:  Discount Hits.jpg
Views: 1148
Size:  95.8 KB

A Motown 25 program signed on the cover by Berry Gordy......

Name:  M25 BG.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  56.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    Here is a post Diana era Supremes account check from the Woodward address:

Name:  Sups Check.jpg
Views: 1119
Size:  59.9 KB

A Motown Corporation "Thank You" card, interestingly made by Jostens....yes, the same company that probably made your high school graduation invitations, lol.

Name:  Motown TY.jpg
Views: 1118
Size:  77.1 KB
    DWSheffer, about 10-11 years ago. I found an auction house online that was auctioning off checks made out the Supremes [[Mary Wilson, Scherrie Payne, and Cindy Birdsong) from NBC and "The Tonight Show" for an appearance. The checks had each of the ladies' social security numbers on it in plain view of the world! I had to contact Mary's management to get them to take it down!

This is the program from Florence Ballard's funeral

Name:  Florence Ballard Funeral program 1.jpg
Views: 1093
Size:  90.4 KB

That's interesting Marv, seems like the auction house would've known better, since our SS# [[usually!) is ours for life!

Man, that is THE BEST. I always read how Martha Reeves is such a nice person, and your experience is yet one confirmation. I love that, "give me a call when you're in town" thing...and she MEANT it. Love reading that. Sounds goofy, but for a few minutes I kinda felt like I was there too!
    She is a very nice.....tough person! LOL!

That's interesting Marv, seems like the auction house would've known better, since our SS# [[usually!) is ours for life!
    They didn't even care. I emailed them but got nowhere. I got Richard Duryea and his attorney and Poof! It was gone before the week was over.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Attachment 17158.

Radio City Music Hall

Can’t seem to turn it
    This is a very odd poster. I checked the date: June 21st can only be a Friday in 1963 and 1968.
    1963: the Supremes were clearly not successful enough to be billed alone at the Radio City Music Hall,
    1968: no need to to tell that the group wasn't billed the Supremes anymore [[even by mistake like is sometimes happened in the second half of 1967) but Diana Ross & the Supremes. And to use this very old photo with Florence instead of Cindy wouldn't do either.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    No I have not seen the blue lettering version before. I think I like it more, better contrast. You've got some great stuff, I love the "Rodgers & Hart" reel-to-reel! Very cool.
    Here's a website were you can find all the Supremes pictures sleeves you can think of [[and even more!). There are at least 52 different picture sleeves released in the Netherlands during the 60s period alone.

http://dianarosssupremes.free.fr/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Here's a website were you can find all the Supremes pictures sleeves you can think of [[and even more!). There are at least 52 different picture sleeves released in the Netherlands during the 60s period alone.

http://dianarosssupremes.free.fr/index.htm
    What a beautiful website, you've done a fantastic job! Thank you for the link.

Sometimes albums like this is where you find unexpected gold. I never paid attention to these budget albums and elevator music LPs, but somehow, recently I got into collecting albums from a record company called Crown Records, in particular, the Tijuana Brass knock off group, The Mexicali Brass. Like you wrote about 101 Strings, The Mexicali Brass was just a studio band that churned out album after album. I'm finding that while I was never really a bit Herb Alpert & TJB fan, I do like these knock offs a lot because they're fun to listen to.

There is a tune on one of the albums, a cover of "I Can't Stop Loving You", that sounds like someone was paying critical attention to what Motown was doing circa 1965. The arrangement sounds very much like an HDH production with a mad, Earl Van Dyke-like pounding piano figure being doubled by a marimba. The drummer is just pounding the heck out of his drum, a furious 4/4 beat and the kick drum is working overtime, similar to the drum work on the Four Tops' "Something About You." So you got a Motown beat layered over with Mariachi band-styled brass. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it is. I'll have to pick up some of these 101 Strings albums sometime.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 1044
Size:  21.1 KB
    Crown Records was The Bihari Brothers' budget records subsidiary, first of Modern Records, and later, of Kent Records. They often had their house band play the instrumentals. The singers on the vocals came from across all genres, but worked cheaply[[in other words, people who had nothing going at the time).

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 1044
Size:  21.1 KB
    Crown Records was The Bihari Brothers' budget records subsidiary, first of Modern Records, and later, of Kent Records. They often had their house band play the instrumentals. The singers on the vocals came from across all genres, but worked cheaply[[in other words, people who had nothing going at the time).
    I appreciate that background on the label. I've gotten pretty interested in their albums lately, especially the Mexicali Brass and some of their Country albums. Actually some really good Country tunes on those LPs, especially the guitar instrumentals. I've been reading too that session guitarist Jerry Cole would record a boatload of material and Crown would just put it all out under various names and themes. I got a few of those too and those are pretty fun to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She is a very nice.....tough person! LOL!
    I guess!!!!! But props to her, she's been going strong all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    DWSheffer, about 10-11 years ago. I found an auction house online that was auctioning off checks made out the Supremes [[Mary Wilson, Scherrie Payne, and Cindy Birdsong) from NBC and "The Tonight Show" for an appearance. The checks had each of the ladies' social security numbers on it in plain view of the world! I had to contact Mary's management to get them to take it down!
    That is one of the most bizarre and careless things I've ever heard. Nice of you to make sure something was done about that. Goes to show, you lose a certain amount of control over your personal life when you become a celebrity!

These are the two Sterling Ball albums which were given to attendees of the event in 1969 and 1971. I think I had read once upon a time that maybe 300 of each were pressed. If anyone knows for sure, please let us know. I do know that they do not come up for sale all that often. The bottom photo are items associated with the SB, a press kit label, silver card, and small envelope.

Name:  SB 1.jpg
Views: 1036
Size:  53.4 KB

Name:  SB 2.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  63.7 KB

Name:  SB 3.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  42.4 KB

Name:  SB 4.jpg
Views: 1023
Size:  57.8 KB

Here are a few more inside items from the Donovan Building.
    Barney Ales letterhead, a "from the desk of Esther G. Edwards" sheet, and "With the compliments of Motown Record Corporation" card.....

Name:  Motown Memos.jpg
Views: 1029
Size:  45.9 KB

Motown letterheads....inter-office memo, Motown, and Motown International Department with the Tamla-Motown logo at the bottom.....

Name:  Motown Letterheads.jpg
Views: 996
Size:  40.9 KB

Envelopes for Mowest, Jobete, and Motown Center.

Name:  Motown Env..jpg
Views: 1008
Size:  39.2 KB

And a few more....
    Phone cards for easy access to contact information.

Name:  Motown Phone.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  40.1 KB

Multi-Media Management Corporation letterhead and artist agreement.

Name:  MMC Letterhead.jpg
Views: 1013
Size:  60.4 KB

Motown Studio Pass. This is a duplicate form in white and canary and they were for use at both the Detroit or L.A. studios. Wouldn't these have been the "golden ticket" to have had at the time!

Name:  Motown Studio Pass.jpg
Views: 1039
Size:  76.0 KB

How's this for a collectible. Berry Gordy, Wille Tyler, and Lester at a Halloween party at the Gordy Mansion, Detroit:

Name:  berry gordy wille tyler and lester.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  84.1 KB

And a few more....
    Phone cards for easy access to contact information.

Name:  Motown Phone.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  40.1 KB

Multi-Media Management Corporation letterhead and artist agreement.

Name:  MMC Letterhead.jpg
Views: 1013
Size:  60.4 KB

Motown Studio Pass. This is a duplicate form in white and canary and they were for use at both the Detroit or L.A. studios. Wouldn't these have been the "golden ticket" to have had at the time!

Name:  Motown Studio Pass.jpg
Views: 1039
Size:  76.0 KB
    Your collection has re-ignited my Motown Collector's bug. And the timing was absolutely perfect! I have been looking for one of the Lewis Sisters EPs for years. Seems their EPs are among the hardest to find, but I finally did! I can't wait for it to arrive and when it does, I'll share it here. Maybe not so much the songs on the EP, but I happen to think it's one of the most
    aesthetically attractive of the Motown sleeves ever designed. I love the blue backdrop and that it matches the dresses of the sisters.

Next on my list are a few Marvin Gaye and Miracles EPs.

I love your collection DWSheffer.

Temptations sheet music

Name:  Papa.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  49.4 KB

Marvin Gaye sheet music

Name:  Ego.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  67.6 KB

WaitingWatching's favorite girls! And mine, too!

Name:  Hunter.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  37.4 KB

You are right. In fact, some of these budget knock-off albums become collectable in their own right. I believe that Jimi Hendrix plays guitar on some early psychedelic cheapies from when he was a session musician knocking around Los Angeles.

In fact, the 101 Strings themselves have a psychedelic album! I don't mean just an album containing their Martini with 2 Olives versions of "Light My Fire" and "Hey Jude," but an actual psychedelic offering! And of course it's their most collectable vinyl release. I don't even want to admit what I paid for it when I finally found it!

Name:  101 Srings.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  28.4 KB

such cool cool stuff !! !!

WaitingWatching's favorite girls! And mine, too!

Name:  Hunter.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  37.4 KB
    My Wonderful Friend! You know me well! To cop a line from a Stevie Wonder song, "Somebody Knows"

You are right. In fact, some of these budget knock-off albums become collectable in their own right. I believe that Jimi Hendrix plays guitar on some early psychedelic cheapies from when he was a session musician knocking around Los Angeles.

In fact, the 101 Strings themselves have a psychedelic album! I don't mean just an album containing their Martini with 2 Olives versions of "Light My Fire" and "Hey Jude," but an actual psychedelic offering! And of course it's their most collectable vinyl release. I don't even want to admit what I paid for it when I finally found it!

Name:  101 Srings.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  28.4 KB
    Now that is a mind-blower if ever there was one! "Astro-Sounds" as played by 101 Strings. Hey, you don't have to feel any shame about what you paid for this. I just plunked down an unfathomable amount for The Lewis Sisters EP. I think everyone should experience a moment where for once, you just don't even think about the price of something. I'm not even going to regret the bill when it arrives... I'm not even going to regret the bill when it arrives. If I keep saying it, it will be true!

Mary Wilson "Red Hot" Promo on Red Vinyl

Name:  Red Hot.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  48.5 KB

My Wonderful Friend! You know me well! To cop a line from a Stevie Wonder song, "Somebody Knows"
    I have what I think is a pretty unusual Marvelettes collectable but I can't find it just now. I'm dying to show it to you so I'll keep looking.

Marvin Gaye [[looking fine) sheet music.

This looks like the same suit he wears on the "Diana and Marvin" album cover.

Name:  Got to Give it Up.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  65.3 KB

Name:  index.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  6.5 KB

Name:  Diana and Marvin.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  87.5 KB
    Last edited by kenneth; 04-21-2020 at 09:28 PM.

Martha Reeves and the Vandellas sheet music

Name:  Honey Chile.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  52.5 KB

I have what I think is a pretty unusual Marvelettes collectable but I can't find it just now. I'm dying to show it to you so I'll keep looking.
    Well now you've got me on edge in anticipation! I'm looking forward to it!

Mary Wilson "Red Hot" Promo on Red Vinyl

Name:  Red Hot.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  48.5 KB
    I love these red vinyl promos. I wonder if there is a story behind their always being red. I mean, you don't see blue or green vinyl promos...

Quote Originally Posted by grapevine View Post
    I suppose my most 'Special Motown Collectables' ...are the 75 disc ...1849 track ...14 Volume complete set of ...The Complete Motown Singles...that were released by Hip-O / Motown Select between 2004 and 2013...!!!

Attachment 17139

Grape
    I also consider this the cornerstone of my Motown collection. I remember hustling and scrambling to collect volumes 9,8,5,7 and 3 within months after seeing volume 6 [[which I already had thank god) sell out and become extremely hard to find at a reasonable price. Totally worth it. I’m still not in a financial position to indulge in collecting memorabilia as astonishing as what’s been posted. Someday though.

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    I didn't think that Marvin and Tammi were still performing in concert in 1968. I thought that the last time they sang in concert together was when she collapsed on stage with him in October '67. Can anyone confirm this?
    The last time Marvin and Tammi performed together was in late ‘69 at the Apollo theatre. Albeit, it was an impromptu performance as Gaye was actually appearing with Carla Thomas. [[ He spotted Tammi in the audience with her fiancé) As far as their last tentative performance together, I’m not sure.