[REMOVE ADS]

Amos Milburn - Darling How Long

Whilst not being a huge fan of blues I found myself drawn to this beautiful song by Amos Milburn. The song predates his Motown period by a good few years but it was re-recorded at Hitsville and produced by Clarence Paul.

I think it has a beauty that wasn't quite the same with his previous recording of the song but as far as I can tell the Motown version wasn't available on YouTube until now. There's a simplicity about it and you almost feel you're in the same room as the piano which sounds great. I love it but it might not be everyone's cup of tea. Thank you Amos, and Motown for this.

What year is this ?
    I have one mp3 from 1963
    from the album The Return Of The Blues timing 3:01

edafan

This version was recorded in 1962 and released on the album "Return Of The Blues Boss" in 1963. Eleven of the twelve tracks from that album (missing out "Money") re-surfaced on "The Motown Sessions 1962 - 1964" in 1996 along with a further eight previously unreleased Motown recordings. There was a further track from Amos Milburn on the Motown Unreleaased 1964 issue. You may also want to have a look at the Amos Milburn website here .... http://www.amosmilburn.com/motown_sessions

thanks mysterys

So it looks like I have the later one

I did go to that website

edafan