[REMOVE ADS]

Diana’s “Lovely Day”

Not her best but she looks sensational and seeing how we just lost Bill Withers, I thought I’d share.

And how about my all time favorite of the lesser knowns of Diana's: "The Same Love that made me Laugh" ! What a great song and great performance from Diana Ross!

Diana's Bill Withers songs are awesome.

I thought Lovely Day should have been the first single. I liked it the most of any cut on that album.

Quote Originally Posted by mindful1 View Post
    And how about my all time favorite of the lesser knowns of Diana's: "The Same Love that made me Laugh" ! What a great song and great performance from Diana Ross!
    I fully agree here, Mindful! Great production as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Diana's Bill Withers songs are awesome.

I thought Lovely Day should have been the first single. I liked it the most of any cut on that album.
    Agreed all around, and one of my wish-lists would have been a Diana-Bill collab.

Horrible performance. Very amateurish. The studio version is actually pretty nice, even though, like most of the rest of the album, it has a karaoke vibe to it. Diana Ross is better than this. She looks great though.

Quote Originally Posted by mindful1 View Post
    Absolutely fantastic cut. I think she could've had a hit with it. One of my favorite vocal performances of Diana.

I agree - about half of the album is as lazy as it gets.

A bit of a train crash performance by Diana which is a shame. She appeared relieved when the song was over. Perhaps with a thorough remix the song might have created a splash as a single......Who knows. The only two songs I listen to from the album are “What About Love” and “I Love You”.