[REMOVE ADS]

Vogue Video: Cher Talks About DIANE

"We used to hang out a lot. Diane was so beautiful."

Cher had kind things to say about Diana and her daughters on social media, when Diana was honored and performed at the American Music Awards in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Cher had kind things to say about Diana and her daughters on social media, when Diana was honored and performed at the American Music Awards in 2017.
    She sure did khan. Some people on this here forum like to perpetuate this myth that everyone in show business hates Miss Ross. We saw that with the Aretha thread earlier in the week.

... not to mention the utterly SHOCKING reveal that Diana's birth name is ... Diane!!! Who, I ask, W. T. F. ... knew??

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    ... not to mention the utterly SHOCKING reveal that Diana's birth name is ... Diane!!! Who, I ask, W. T. F. ... knew??
    Or that she was Berry Gordy’s girlfriend! Oh the horror! LOL!!!

I always notice that Nancy Leviska, who I believe is one of Berry’s ex spouses, seems to be enthralled by Diana’s performances

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I always notice that Nancy Leviska, who I believe is one of Berry’s ex spouses, seems to be enthralled by Diana’s performances
    I noticed that too. Literally no one is hating on Diana the way that some on this forum like to imply. Sure, Gladys makes some bitchy comments once in a while - boo hoo is all I have to say! She was better than ever when she left Motown for Buddha.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Yes she did. She still always speaks complementary of Diana Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by monicarivers View Post
    I noticed that too. Literally no one is hating on Diana the way that some on this forum like to imply. Sure, Gladys makes some bitchy comments once in a while - boo hoo is all I have to say! She was better than ever when she left Motown for Buddha.
    Gladys Knight is as fake as Donald Trumps tan. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    That was particularly apparent during Diana's performance of My Man at Motown 60... Nancy Leiviska [[Redfoo's mother) enjoys it almost as much as Berry Gordy.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 2.28.00 PM.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  17.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Gladys Knight is as fake as Donald Trumps tan. LOL
    Lol Roberta! Would you kindly care to elaborate on your statement? I love Gladys, so perhaps I am a bit biased. I know she has spoken unfavourably about Ms Ross in the past, but I have not attributed that to being fake. If anything, I feel that she was telling it like it is. Maybe she was being petty but not fake. Even so, I think it's all still part of her story, although some of it was definitely done to stir up attention and headlines to her own benefit. I do like what Gladys said recently after she was asked to recount a story about Ms Ross in a recent interview, and she said how she and Diana had spoken in more recent years about that occurence and Diana said, "We all had to grow up." I am glad that Gladys at least acknowledged that, in order to show that they have indeed both matured from all those many years ago.

A better description of Gladys seems to be that she knows how to attract attention and puts herself first - she knows and she is right. Sometimes people who are very religious act that aggressive way because they feel persecuted for the religious views they have

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Lol Roberta! Would you kindly care to elaborate on your statement? I love Gladys, so perhaps I am a bit biased. I know she has spoken unfavourably about Ms Ross in the past, but I have not attributed that to being fake. If anything, I feel that she was telling it like it is. Maybe she was being petty but not fake. Even so, I think it's all still part of her story, although some of it was definitely done to stir up attention and headlines to her own benefit. I do like what Gladys said recently after she was asked to recount a story about Ms Ross in a recent interview, and she said how she and Diana had spoken in more recent years about that occurence and Diana said, "We all had to grow up." I am glad that Gladys at least acknowledged that, in order to show that they have indeed both matured from all those many years ago.
    Im gonna take the high road but Gladys can be real shady and real fake. Shes got a real phoenomenal voice but off stage I trust her as much as I trust that POS in the White House and thats all im going to say for now.

Bettye LaVette also comes to mind - great voice, rocky start “crossing over” and still bitter about The Supremes, especially Diana. I’m sure she and Mary are the best of friends according to Mary.

How silly. What's the point in bringing Mary into your post about Bettye LaVette?

Quote Originally Posted by motownlover1964 View Post
    How silly. What's the point in bringing Mary into your post about Bettye LaVette?
    Freudian slip - that “y” should have been a “v”.

He
    He
    He
    LOL
    LOL
    LOL