[REMOVE ADS]

Bill Gates Calls For National Shutdown of U.S. As Coronavirus Spreads!

Bill Gates calls for a national shutdown to combat the COVID-19 virus and I'm all for it. Last week I lost a close friend who was only 51 to the coronavirus. The only case of someone I knew personally with the virus. Now, this past weekend, I was notified that two of my close relatives [[an elderly mother, and her middle-aged daughter) are in ICU with this coronavirus.

Things are speeding up minute-by-minute, it was reported on CNN that in NYC, the epicenter of the COVID-19 virus, a person dies every 9 minutes!

People are fleeing from New York to New Orleans seeking a safe haven. The truth is there's is No safe place to hide. When it comes to the United States, as it is around the world, anyone can contract this super virus; it doesn't matter if it's someone living in a Northern, Southern, Eastern, or Western state. The COVID-19 virus doesn't discriminate based on certain regions of the U.S. or the world.

I hope the government will heed Bill Gates' call for a national shutdown for 10 weeks or longer. Enforcing an all-states lockdown will save millions of lives and serve as a precedent for the next pandemic.

Bill Gates Calls For National Shutdown of U.S. As Coronavirus Spreads | NowThis

[[
    Things are speeding up minute-by-minute, it was reported on CNN that in NYC, the epicenter of the COVID-19 virus, a person dies every 9 minutes!

People are fleeing from New York to New Orleans seeking a safe haven. )

As much as I appreciate Bill Gates concern and as angry as I've been about the 11
    states, one my former home, that won't ask for people to restrict themselves, I don't
    like the above statements. People are not dying every nine minutes. I'm in New York
    and I know of no mass flees to Louisiana, either...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    [[

As much as I appreciate Bill Gates concern and as angry as I've been about the 11
    states, one my former home, that won't ask for people to restrict themselves, I don't
    like the above statements. People are not dying every nine minutes. I'm in New York

The experts that appeared on CNN were referencing those who had "already" contracted the coronavirus in NYC were dying every 9 minutes.

When I re-read my statement above I realized that I should have said: "People from New York City to New Orleans or fleeing in search of a safe haven..."

There's no denying that NYC is the epicenter for the coronavirus and due to Mardi Gras Celebrations New Orleans coronavirus cases are rising faster then any other city in the nation.

Both New York and Louisiana have Dem governors and have mayors who shut-down their respective cities [[NYC and New Orleans) weeks ago and things continue to get worse!

Maybe the "eggspurts" got a tad confused...We have well over 50,000 cases in the city
    and approaching 1400 deaths but except for a still unexplained rapid 6 hour spurt Monday
    morning we still so many cases still unresolved either way. Second NYC numbers
    continue to rise because we have so many people who just don't get it, think it's a hoax
    or think that they themselves are invincible. Another thing, doing the opposite of whatever instruction you've been given is the culture in a lot of big cities like New York.
    Always has been...But I see from looking at the news online the police had to shutdown
    a birthday party in California, they're beating people in the streets in India and talking
    shooting folks in Manila...what a world....

[[

Exactly Splanky! I must say that after becoming more knowledgable of Bill Gates background, I just do not trust him in a broad sense.

Maybe the "eggspurts" got a tad confused...We have well over 50,000 cases in the city
    and approaching 1400 deaths but except for a still unexplained rapid 6 hour spurt Monday
    continue to rise because we have so many people who just don't get it, think it's a hoax
    or think that they themselves are invincible. Another thing, doing the opposite of whatever instruction you've been given is the culture in a lot of big cities like New York.
    Always has been...But I see from looking at the news online the police had to shutdown
    a birthday party in California, they're beating people in the streets in India and talking
    They're being shot in Ghana too. There are trolls roaming the internet trying to convince people that this is all a hoax by the "Deep State". In just the past several days a friend of mine's wife died at age 41 from it. My cousin's daughter is in critical condition on a ventilator and another cousin's son has been placed in hospice. Both have the virus.

I'm sure the "experts" realized NYC has a huge population when they conducted their collective research. However, what happened, to New Orleans is that they had their annual Mardi Gras celebrations without being aware of the coronavirus' impact sneaking upon U.S.

I can't vouch for other countries around the world. I started this discussion about the coronavirus' impact on the entire United States and what I believe is the best case scenario to combat the pandemic in our region.

Bill Gates has been vilified for years by "truthers" with their wild conspiracy theories. I never feed into them, especially since neo-conservatives and the alt-right are the driving force behind the fake news surrounding him.

Bill Gates has warned of an impending pandemic for years. Here's how he's dealing with the coronavirus pandemic — from pledging $100 million to fight the outbreak to becoming Warren Buffett's "scientific adviser."

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    They're being shot in Ghana too. There are trolls roaming the internet trying to convince people that this is all a hoax by the "Deep State". In just the past several days a friend of mine's wife died at age 41 from it. My cousin's daughter is in critical condition on a ventilator and another cousin's son has been placed in hospice. Both have the virus.
    Marv, sorry to hear about your relatives, sending prayers up for a miraculous recovery for them both.

Please stay safe.

Gates was on Ellen today. Did he say anything different?